Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When I hit a bump, my fuses start blowing. Help Needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sideflex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: When I hit a bump, my fuses start blowing. Help Needed. Reply with quote

I have a 1996 Grand Cherokee 4.0L with an autotragic. There is a driveway bump leaving my daughters school that i have to take at an angle. Meaning the front drivers wheel hits the street before the passenger wheel, etc. When it does this, the GC rocks a little as the wheels hit the road one at a time and then promptly blows both the #18 PDC 20amp fuse under the hood and the #17 15amp fuse on the interior, killing the jeep immediately. Embarrassing to say the least.

The under-hood PDC fuse #18 powers:
Powertrain control module
A/C compressor clutch relay
Fuel pump relay
Body Control module
Automatic shutdown relay
Duty cycle EVAP purge solenoid
Evap system leak detection pump
Trans control relay

And the interior fuse panel fuse #17 powers:
Radio Illumination
Tail Lamp
Graphic Display Module
Park & Side Lamps
Headlamp Switch
Body Controller

The only thing I can see in common is the Body Controller? That's if the Body Controller is the same as the BCM. Anyone have any ideas where I should look first? Im sure it is a short somewhere, and I just went through the harness coming out of the PDC all the way to the o2 sensors.

The funny thing, it only blows the fuses on THAT particular driveway dip and that angle and I cant get it to replicate anywhere else on the road. Again any help will be appreciated. Mahalo!
GospelJeep

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unhook everything that you don't need to run, and do it again. If it doesn't stall, hook them up one at a time (maybe do all this after everyone else leaves! Embarassed ) until it stalls again. Bingo! If it does blow, you've narrowed it down by at least half. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: