Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark Plugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motownguy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Spark Plugs Reply with quote

Hi
I want to change the spark plugs in my 2001 Grand Cherokee. The book calls for a Champion RC12MCC4 plug. Just wondering if anyone can recommed a different plug or better plug from past experiences? My Jeep has 105,500 miles on it.
Thank you.
Limited

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this online help and select your mark, model, year, engine... Champion Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the WJ, but on my ZJ I replaced the cap (and all the internals), new plug wires, as well as the spark plugs. The plugs I used were the Champion 9203's. I had it done at the dealership since I had to get the A/C fixed as well as the ignition coil. When I called the dealer and asked them to do this the service department guy asked me what kind of plugs I had bought and I told him Champion and he said good because that's the only brand they were allowed to install. Why this is I don't know but if you're taking it to the dealer then you need to get Champion plugs. Furthermore, I gained about a 50% improvement in gas mileage up from 8mpg of premium to 12mpg of premium again. With the cost of gas as it is now then I should have saved enough to have the tune up paid for by the end of the year.
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
motownguy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: spark plugs Reply with quote

Thank you,
I do plan on changing plugs myself, so I'll buy the next step up from the standard plug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: