Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now I'll get started on NAFTA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nixt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Now I'll get started on NAFTA Reply with quote

Okay I just made a post ( http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=84575#84575 ) about how Superwinch sucks for having all of their stuff now made out of the country in China. Of course this also makes their stuff the cheapest. However I've heard that crap from China has a tendency to crap out on you most likely when you need it the most. In my earlier post I said don't get me started on NAFTA well now I'm getting started on NAFTA. In the 1992 election everyone said that NAFTA would lower prices on products and stop illegal immigration because many jobs would go to Mexico without having tariffs slapped on the products made there @ the border- well let's see did that work out? No It only shipped Jobs out of the U.S. to Mexico where big corporations can get away with only paying the labor a minimal salary. I don't think that the problem is the same with Canada but I'm sure they lost a good number of jobs to Mexico too. The '92 election was the pivotal one because it was the one when slick Billy Clinton won the election against incumbent Bush (Yes I voted for the elder Bush in that election)- but guess what it was also the one with the most successful 3rd party candidate pretty much ever- Ross Perot. Let me remind everybody what the Democratic and Republican stance on NAFTA was at the time- both Clinton and Bush were both for it! The only one who took a stand against NAFTA and said that it would just ship jobs out of the country was guess who- Ross Perot. Everybody made fun of him at the time but look who turned out to be right-Perot! Now China (still a communist country) is exporting just about everything from car parts to stepping stones to the U.S. never mind the fact that they ignore patents and counterfeit just about everything they can get their little hands on. They also seem to be about to overtake the U.S. in Pollution output since they are becoming more modern. So let's look at it this way; you can get something for $20 cheaper at Wal-Mart because it was made overseas but you're also sending jobs and allowing more pollution to be made over there too not forgetting about the counterfeiting, low quality of the products, and basically throwing your kid's future away just to save a few bucks at Wal-Mart or Lowe's. So since noone listened to Ross Perot let's hope that this new guy (Lord Jesus please save us and help us get through the next 4 years without losing any of our Civil Rights) can do something about the flood of money going from the U.S. to China. I saw a bumper sticker on the back of a car the other day from the UAW (and I'm definitely not a pro-union guy in anyway shape or form) but the sticker said "Don't Like Your Job? Then Keep Buying Foreign." Which basically summed it up completely for me now if this New Guy can get rid of the illegals then I may actually begin to have faith in him because I sure as hell didn't vote for his ass- I started voting for McCain way back in the primary back in 2000 when he was running against Bush who I thought was just running on his daddy's name. And If he had been president when 9/11 happened he would have said the last time we had to deal with these kamikaze bastards we had to nuke their asses. Then basically problem solved. No more opium or heroin problem from Crapganistan and no more terrorism from there either - just a big hole in the ground. So yes I voted for McCain in the past election. All I know is that the only reason we went into Iraq was because Saddam tried to kill Bush's dad and I've never seen a president take a nose dive in approval ratings from after 9/11 til now and we've been in Iraq longer than we were in World War I and II for that matter - but all I know was that he was the lesser of two evils and he didn't want to take away my bullets. So that's my point about NAFTA and how it led to the shape of the current U.S. economy.
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: