Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie here with a new product

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your opinion?
Do You Hate This?
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Do You Like This?
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

DunesRunner08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Newbie here with a new product Reply with quote

My name is Bill and I live in phoenix, AZ....I am new here and just want to see how many of you JK guys like the new product.... I am not an authorized vendor on any jeep site yet so I cant give out prices or my company name until said is done... I just want to see how many of you like or dislike the new design.... The jeep market is new for us, so any input from you guys is good input...

We are all about protection, style, fitment, and security when we make our products so it is a full hidden mount winch, up to a 16.5... you have mounts for 12k shackles instead of some cheap tow hooks, and a place to mount some larger offroad lights... great approach angles, and comple 3/16th plate steel construction throught.....grille guards will be available, but I need to see what the jeep market likes before I design those....

These pictures are with bushwacker extended flares but the bumper lines up perfect with the factory flares.. I will have an extension made in the upcoming months to fit with the extended fenders if demand arises for one....

DunesRunner08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a different note, who do I need to talk to to be a vendor around here?
DunesRunner08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... i figured I'd have more answers than this by now....LOL
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DunesRunner08 wrote:
on a different note, who do I need to talk to to be a vendor around here?

You need to contact Code3TJ via PM probably.

I didn't vote. I don't dislike it, but I'm not sure I like it either. Bling just does nothing for me. But I realize there are lot of different tastes. I like simple black paint so I can simply rattle can trail rash. It looks strong though.

Wink
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DunesRunner08 wrote:
wow... i figured I'd have more answers than this by now....LOL

Patience. It was roughly 3 hours since you first posted.

Here's my thoughts...

Lose the texture black. It holds dirt. PC is hard to touch up as well, especially in areas of the country where salt is used on the roads in the winter. It's a never-ending battle.
Lose the laser cut logo on the bottom. Many people don't like them. It's also a weak spot now if you ram it into a rock.
I can only imagine what that thing weighs given it's 3/16" throughout. Maybe look into a weight-saving design.
Are the shackles surface welded? Or do they pass through the bumper and weld on the back as well?

Last edited by ehirner on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a lot of bumper, too much IMO! I personally don't like the flares on it either, I think it makes the bumper look overwhelming.

I voted "hate".

DunesRunner08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the input.... both good and bad... all input helps us grow as a company..... the logo is for airflow, but can be deleted if someone chooses.... as for the finish, its not powdercoat, its similar to line-x so its very durable, easy to clean, and easy to touch up if you do need to.... as for the style, there are no unsightly gaps and it protects the stock fenders, as well as give larger lighting, and keep the winch securely inside to protect from theives and the elements....

I will have a stubby design too which is the same bumper, but cut off before the lights.... the shackle mounts are welded on both sides for strength... i will also have grille guards/light bars available too....

I will talk to the admins here and get a vendor status here in the upcoming days....
DunesRunner08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for weight, its not very much.... just over 100lbs.... i know one guy can lift it and install it himself.... quite a bit less than our truck and SUV bumpers out now.... I didnt weigh it yet, since its brand new, so I dont have an exact on it as of yet
dwkolb1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the winch down lower between the frame rails. And I agree...lose the coating, or offer others.
ZJDAB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Hard to hate Reply with quote

Hard to hate. I guess I must appreciate. Don't Usually like sparkly stuff but it seems to have like a mineral rock look.

stands out a little more then I would like.

Cool Though....I voted LIKE Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> JK Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: