Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.5" ABS????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wml52@mhcable.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: 2.5" ABS???? Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can purchase 2.5 ABS pipe and fittings? Im looking to fabricate a snorkel similar to the one K9 posted but Im having a heard time finding ABS pipe in 2.5 size. I live in the Northeast and can only find 2 and dont think 2 will give me adequate airflow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with a plumbing supply house and one post is sufficient.
wml52@mhcable.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for the post was beacuse I could not find 2.5" ABS locally as stated in my post.

The reason for multiple post in different for forums was a simple one. I thought someone from another forum may have the answer, I would not read JK forum posts if I own a TJ, nor would I expect someone who owns a JK to read posts about TJ's. But thanks for the reply.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand you can't find it locally which is why I recommended that you check with a plumbing supply house. Have you checked there?
wml52@mhcable.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked with several large plumbing supply houses and distributors in the Northeast but apparently I'm finding that 2.5" ABS is a rather odd size and no one seems to stock it. I can get and would use 2" ABS but thought it might be too restrictive and the 3" ABS is a little too large for my application.

I wanted to use ABS because of its properties and relatively low cost but I'm forced to re-think the materials used. I was going to look into using 2.5" aluminum exhaust tube, a bit more $$$$ but at least I can get it in a 2.5" diameter. It just would have been easier and less expencive to use the ABS, no welding, no painting involved.

Thanks,
Bill
BLACK&TAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the supply houses will order you material for you if they dont have it in stock. Ask em
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: