Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gauges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Gauges Reply with quote

ok for some odd reason my gauge cluster is going crazy. this has happened a couple of times now. sometimes the speedometer and tach will just stop working and fall, same with the oil pressure and that causes the check gauges light to pop on and also the airbag light will come on. this all happens while im driving and then all of a sudden it will go back to normal or i have to shut the jeep off and then turn it on. but i just dont know what could be causing it. so some help would be nice right about now.

-Thanks
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1517&highlight=gauges
blktrax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do the key turn 3 times from OFF to ON like you would to check for check engine codes.

HOLD DOWN the trip odometer button turn the key from OFF to ON 3 times, and it will show the software version of the guage cluster, then do a diagnositc of the guages, full operating sweep, one at a time. That just checks to make sure all youre indicator lights and guages are functioning properly.

I'm in aggreement however sounds like dirty or loose connectors in the back.
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i fixed it i just pulled the gauge cluster out and cleaned the connectors with rubbing alchol and a few que tips. it seemed to work it has not done it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: