Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Rusty's Offroad Feedback and Discussion Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paraleyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Official Rusty's Offroad Feedback and Discussion Thread Reply with quote

The point of this thread is obviously to help myself and others determine which lift kit to purchase through the feedback of those already using Rusty's Offroad Products as finding some feedback on this small company has proven to be quite the task. Please share your experiences; likes and dislikes of your Rusty's products here. And of course, include pictures if you have them.

Please do not post here unless you already own a Rusty's lift kit or you have a question regarding one, so definitely no posts like the following:
Quote:
"Just get a Rough Country lift. I like mine."
Quote:
"You can get a the Skyjacker Lift for $XXX!"
Unless of course you have had experience with a Rusty kit and are giving a reason why the other option is better.

Okay, I've spent an easy 30+ hours searching around the internet for the right lift kit for my 00 XJ and I'm just about set on their 4.5" Spring Pack Kit, but I don't know anyone who has any experience with these guys other than Ian and Jessi. I really need to hear a bit of feedback from people actually using their suspension systems before I go investing up to and possibly more than $2K with these guys. Is anyone using this 4.5" kit that could give me some extra tips, or a Yay! or a Nah!?

It starts at only $669 with shocks and an impressive list of parts including:
Front 4.5" coil springs
Rear 4.5" leaf springs
Fixed front lower control arms
Front hydro preformance shocks
Rear hydro prformance shocks
Adjustable trac bar
Front Sway Bar Drop Kit
Transfer case drop kit
Brake line extension kit
Grade 8 U-Bolts
6 degree shims

I would also add the following:
3" Leaf Pack with a 1.75" Shackle Upgrade
Adjustable Lower Control Arms Upgrade
Performance Stablizer Upgrade

I also plan to substitute the Transfer Case Drop Kit with their 1" Crossmember Drop Kit for $100. Not that this makes a difference as to the performance of the lift, but I plan on adding their line of skid plates to my purchase.

Last edited by Paraleyes on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paraleyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Nobody with a Rusty's Lift? Any input at all from someone with experience with their kits? This 4.5" would be going on a 00 XJ with 4.0/231 I already have a set of 32X10.50 That I pulled off my S10 ZR2 before I let it go. Will there be any hickups that I'm unaware of with that list of parts I plan to purchase?
Tim Hallam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be buying this same lift (except with the full 4.5" spring pack) for my '93 XJ next month. And, as you are, I'll be using the 1" drop cross member rather than the t-case drop kit.

So... If you haven't gotten the lift yet. I'll let you know what I think of mine.

Tim

1986 Pioneer, 1990 Laredo, 1991 Sport, 1993 Sport & 1998 Sport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: