Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOA conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ednemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: SOA conversion Reply with quote

Cool I have a 1994 jeep wrangler, 4 cyl, automatic with 4 wheel dr. I currently had a rough country 4" suspension lift spring under, and a 3" body lift. I have 35 X 14.5 super swamper bogger tires on it. I would love to do a spring over, but I am on a tight budget. The jeep will see very little trail time. This is a daily driver. What is the most economical way to do the soa? Are slip yoke eliminators a necessity? cv drive shafts? Looking to save anywhere possible. If anyone is running a similar combo on their jeep, please send a pic so I can have an idea what it will look like if I do the sao conversion. Any info would help thanks. J.
Yuppi Jeep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its not a trail rig, you might not have to get a SYE and driveshaft. Just a kit to drop your tranny and t-case 1". Before you do anything, I would put the jeep on jack stands, let the rear end droop. Take the axle and stick it under the leaf springs. If your at full extension and the shafts still stays in place, you should be good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: