Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clutch issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zdude101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: clutch issue Reply with quote

I have a 91 YJ with the 4.0L engine and a AX-15 tranny. Lately it seems as if the clutch was going bad because it was gettinh hard to shift and it was stalling and acting up and so i went ahead and took everything apart and changed the clutch pressure plate, disk, and throwout bearing. I put everything back together and test drove it. Now it wont even shift at all. If i leave it in 1st gear it drives fine, and the clutch seems to be engaging correctly but i can't shift into second. the only way to shift gears is to shut the engine off and switch gears. I even tried starting off in 2nd and i can't shift into 3rd either. I thought maybe it was the syncos in the tranny but i just replaced the tranny 2 yrs ago and haven't put that many miles on it and i didn't think that all the sycnos would go out at the same time. I also replaced the clutch master cylinder and it made no change. I have replaced several clutches so i'm confident that i installed it right but at this point i'm out of ideas as to wat could be wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
czjeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you verify that the slave cylinder was actuating before putting it all back together?
I'm assuming you have an internal. If you have an external, you can check w/out dropping the whole mess again.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

czjeeper wrote:
Did you verify that the slave cylinder was actuating before putting it all back together?
I'm assuming you have an internal. If you have an external, you can check w/out dropping the whole mess again.

I agree, my first thought was the slave cylinder as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: