Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liberty Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Liberty Question Reply with quote

I got this email, help a (future) brother out. Wink
Quote:
My wife and I are going to buy a 2005 Jeep Liberty with the 2.8 CRD engine. Weíve got everything figured out, a 2 inch spacer lift to clear 31 inch B&G Mud Terrains, and a Rustyís pair of rock rails to protect the rocker panels- and we should have a fairly capable 4 wheeler for hunting, fishing, and camping, as well as a reliable family vehicle. My question is whether to get the Command Trac part time 4WD system or the Selec-Trac part and full time 4WD system. The Selec-Trac system would be nice in winter for those times when the road is mostly clear but there are sections that are still a mess, but I donít want to wind up with an unreliable system a few years down the road if the itís not as reliable long-term as the Command-trac. Thank you very much for your time in helping me make the last decision about our upcoming Jeep. Youíve got a great site, I plan to be a regular visitor when we have our Jeep! Thx, John

And yes, I invited him to join. Mr. Green
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the option of having FT or not, I would probably get the FT. I am not sure what t-case s are available Liberty. I know there were Grands with FT 4WD in which the t-case did not have a 2H option *cough*Carl*cough, but as long as it has 2H, 4H, 4L, N and 4FT I would get the Select Track...especially if you are dealing with snowy roads that can go from clear to a mess.

My $0.02

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skrracing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Command Trac Reply with quote

I would go for the command trac for sure. We have seen a lot of failures on the select trac for the guys that are wheeling them. None of the command trac guys have had a failure yet. Hope this helps. Later...Clint
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: