Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mickey Thompson Competition Claw

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Mickey Thompson Competition Claw Reply with quote

Mickey Thompson's new Competition Claw was developed especially for competition rock crawling. Tested at courses worldwide by some of the best drivers around, this tire is a proven performer conquering the toughest obstacles thrown at it. With a super soft rubber compound and a flexible construction this tire wraps around rocks and climbs over obstacles like no other tire has done before. Currently it is available in sizes 37x13.00-17 (Part #2640) and 35x13.00-15 (Part#2657).

The Competition Claw features flexible nylon construction to conform to abnormal surfaces, a soft, tacky, tear resistant tread compound, and a tough cut resistant sidewall compound.

This tire is made specifically for rock crawling but is D.O.T. approved for highway use to get you there and back.

Note: During competition, due to low air pressure, tire flex and gripping ability of the compound, these tires may require bead lock wheels to prevent tire slippage.
Nothing to see here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run 31x10.5 on my Classic II 15x8's. I tore off a valve stem on a trail and needed to replace it (it was the spare... blew the first tire 15 feet earlier) After trying to pop the beed we tried running it over with my buddys competition TJ. No luck. Luckly I was on his property and we were able to take it down to his shop. After many attemps to pop the beed to install a new stem we came up with a plan. He broke out his tractor. By tractor I mean a D8 Cat. With me (over 260lbs) standing on one side ov the rim and him loering the bucket on the sidewall of the tire we were able( after 6 tries ) to pop the bead. Keep in mind that the rim had no valve steam in it at this point and so no air also. 0 PSI!! Not only was it that hard to pop the bead but the sidewall itself held up to the riggers of this.

The Mickey Thompson Radial Baja Claws are nothing but amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: