Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soon To Be.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

needles wrote:
Ive been trying to track one down locally at a used dealership, that isnt built, looks like 14k is the lowpoint for wranglers around here for a 2000 (auto, v6) ..

I informally got one of my major gripes addressed too, apparently I can just weld a side bar as to elimate som bodily damage in a side impact.. I dont mind having to jimmy in and out of the car with that bar in the way..

so far this is a possible candidate..

clicky

to preface that, i dont want to privately sell my car, its being financed still, about 8k left on it.. so I dont really envision myself buying from a private seller at this point either....

imo, its a bit much-- ..i think a good deal would be right around 8-9k

welp I did a search using edmunds2go in our area and they are qouting
# Trade-In: $10,852
# Private Party: $12,649
# Dealer: $14,411

I think its a bit high then again Im not an automobile qouting expert either. Wink

Heres the link.
needles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kizer wrote:
Hey needles.

Have you tried the little nickle as well as that pickle magazine?

Also what part of washington are you in? Im up in marysville myself. You know that little hole in the wall just north of everett. I can help you look at a few if your interested and in my area. Wink

haha, ya, actually, im in bellingham, just got off the phone with a sales lady down in marysville i think (she was talkin fast) cept the ad says manual, not auto :p woops, nix that.. she said they lowered the price to 16k
clicker[/url]
needles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in all honesty, Id like something like a 98,99, with 34k, for about 9k.. v6, auto, ..khaki,gold,black, ..I mean that would be ideal, that way i wouldnt incur that much more debt :p

oh well, im going to that dealership with the sahara this afternoon.. ill prolly atleast trade haggletalk :p
needles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walked away from that one, it was a manul 4cyclinder :p

drove down the street to the jeep dealership, learned som little nuggets, as I walked away 45mins later :p

trade in was around 10k, unfortunately for me, they didnt really have any pre owns, but he kept sweet talkin how the interest wouldnt really make a difference in the final price etc..compared to a new one..

he did tell me to go and stick a for sale sign on my car today and get 14k for it... he said his manager or whatever was down in california shopping around at auctions and such, and that hed give me a call when they get a few in... he really did hambone going the 'new' route, (expected) ..now Im kinda torn... Neutral Confused he kept talkin up the extended editions and how they have better crumple zones, etc... Shocked hmmmmmmm...
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard squat about crumple zones in an Unlimited - I bet he was yanking your chain to try to make a sale. If it has a 6 cylinder, it'll be an inline engine. Keep looking till you find something you like. Wink
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeps are a dime a dozen, but they hold their resale value pretty well.

My Morning Jacket
needles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
I haven't heard squat about crumple zones in an Unlimited - I bet he was yanking your chain to try to make a sale. If it has a 6 cylinder, it'll be an inline engine. Keep looking till you find something you like. Wink

ya, he was quite the talkative kook, when i kept bringing up pre owns hes like 'oh but you dont want one with someone elses cigarette burns' etc.

LOL, cigarette burns?! pfft.. hahah.. I will put up my car though.. I have to find out what type of 'chaulk' they use on windows so that I can mark up my rear windshield :p

he said that newer wranglers actually have a 4star side impact rating? Confused
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those darn cigarette burns - ever used vehicle I've ever owned has looked like swiss cheese from all the random burns. Mr. Green
Use this to talk him down - not sure what the 4 stars are he's talking about but it's probably on a scale of 10. Wink
needles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*military drum taps*

gentlemen.

I have a potential buyer fer my car, listed at 14800 on autotrader,
told this guy my lowpoint would be 13400

he asked what form of payment, Id want, at that price.

he's offering certified cashiers check.

is that kosher? my buddy says not to accept anything like that unless im there with him at the bank, etc?

he hasnt test driven it yet, but i mean- so far, things look good, they could crumble, a flying metiorite might crush me, but as of right now, things are going 'ok' shock Twisted Evil

EH? EHHH?? Shocked
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some check forgers make excellent cashiers checks. If he tries to give you a check for more than you're asking and then wants you to give him the difference, run fast. The other scam is that the check is just plain fake and by the time the bank catches on, they're long gone with your car.
If you accept one, it should be from a local bank, don't do anything with the money till it clears the bank and wait to sign over the title until it's cleared. Well, and call the bank before accepting it to begin with to be sure everything's on the up and up.
needles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, thats som sharp advice.. indeed.

is this method the most expediant method? what if I tell him, lets go to the bank together, and ill be there when you goto process the needed funds.. then i go to my bank deposit my check , we goto the court building in town, i transfer him my title? think we could feasibly pull that off in 2-3 hrs?

or what would a more realistic method be? ..the last car i personally sold was like a brown toyota van for $700.. i got cash, and then we just transfered the title, (i never had physical possession of the title) kinda like this.. put they get like this temp one or whatever...
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, just thought of something, if you're still paying on the car, then the bank still owns it and holds the title, right? I'd check with your bank to see how they go about it. The last car we sold, the buyer's bank wired the money but our bank still held onto the title for a couple of days. Not sure how that changes things for you and I really don't know what all is involved in transfering a title in WA.
Yeah, if you go with him to the bank and watch him get the check and you make sure he doesn't switch checks on you, you're probably good, but I'd still wait for it to clear the bank. But like I said, your bank or whoever owns your car might want to hang onto things for a bit.
needles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya good point, hmm... ill call up my credit union again., the last time I talked to them (earlier today) they told me to just bring in a check and within a few weeks theyd release the title to the new owner.
JDKing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did ya'll tell this poor guy what Jeep stands for yet??? keep your car buy an older jeep to build!!! doit yourself you'll enjoy it more!

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
!
!
!

JK
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take advice from troy, he's just a dirty cop that sprays mace on old ladies. Shocked Finger
Nah, he's given you good advice, be weary of the buyer. Also they say it's better to let them test drive a car by themselves. A few cases in louisville were they would kill or beat up the owner and steal the car. They say it's better to let them test drive by themself.

My Morning Jacket
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: