Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JEEP 6 TO 8 SWAP...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valconman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: JEEP 6 TO 8 SWAP... Reply with quote

I own a 92 Jeep Cherokee I6 4.0. My question is, would a V8 5.9 fit in? What kind of modifications will I need to do? Or does anyone know a website with info on this? Thank you.[/list]
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: JEEP 6 TO 8 SWAP... Reply with quote

Valconman wrote:
I own a 92 Jeep Cherokee I6 4.0. My question is, would a V8 5.9 fit in? What kind of modifications will I need to do? Or does anyone know a website with info on this? Thank you.[/list]

I saw a writeup someplace on a V8 conversion for an XJ...but it might have been using a Chevy 350 and not the Cryco 360 motor. I'll see if I can find it.

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some searching and could not come up with the writeup. I did find this guy who put a SBC in an 1985 XJ. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/286889. You could probably ask him what was involved, but he doesn't list any contact info or an email address. Confused

Like that guy did, you would probably need to swap in the engine along with the associated tranny and t-case (or at least get a tailcone that fits the tranny and would bolt up/have the same spline to your existing t-case). You would also need the computer for that engine, as well as all of it's sensors intact. You would need to fab up/relocate the motor/tranny mounts. I'm not sure if the crossmember would work, but I doubt it...at least not without some modification. You would also need to replace the radiator, exhaust, etc. All that would be the easy part though...getting everthing wired up would be the adventure.

I'll keep looking for the writeup....I know I saw one.

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I searched around and nothing jumped out at me either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: