Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEST Anti-Hummer / Pro-Jeep Video EVER!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: BEST Anti-Hummer / Pro-Jeep Video EVER! Reply with quote

Right Click, Save As or just Click:

http://7slotgrille.rutgers.edu/media/videos/hummerxj.wmv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, around here (Kentucky) the people are pretty ignorant when it comes to Hummer vs. Jeep. I have argued Hummers incapabilities with numerous people, and I can remember being in on a conversation where this guy swore up and down that Hummers were the "absolute off-road machine." I also remember giving up on arguing with the guy because his ignorance was clearly on a higher level than my formal education, so I said "Yup ...you're right" He got in his big black jumbo-jet of a Hummer and went on down the flat pavement.... Now that I have seen yet another instance where Hummers aren't worth the 4 tons of metal that they are made of, I am glad to proudly own a Jeep. I think Hummers should stick to wet grass and flat dirt... Let us handle the big stuff.

Clearly not a H1 or H2 fan..... CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love that viseo. As much as I don't like hummers (the vehicle) I do love the military ones. I live next to a military camp and military hummers are always goin by. I do like those but I think that is a little different than the tahoe hummer. too many people are ignorant about hummers and their (non)capabilities. Oh well...my name's Will, and I'm a Jeep owner. Mr. Green

although.....I don't know what angers me more....H2's or well built up Jeeps that are washed daily and tire black is applied twice a week....There is a guy locally that has a very well built up TJ that doesn't have a scratch on it. my jeep may not be the biggest or badest around but i still love it and at least I use what I have
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey: I hate H2's, but I do have SOME respect for the H1. At least it has more capability than the H2. BTW, I posted this on another Jeep site and had a few asshole Jeepers respond.. here's two quotes (Note sarcasm): "I haven't seen that one either. Wow, 2 SUVs with shorter wheel bases were able to climb that and the Hummer wasn't. How odd. " & someone else "lame."

I stay the hell away from that board though. I only post when I am REAL bored. Usually ends up with asshole replies like the ones above :eyeroll:

Nikon: I used to detail cars/trucks professionally. My Jeep is scratched and dented, but I DO wash and wax it, along with applying my silicon to the tires Razz If it gets dirty after that, so be it. I only wash it when I am real bored.

After I wheel through some bad mud, I ALWAYS wash off the undercarriage and the engine compartment, but I don't care about the exterior Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he had made it to the top, he would've needed to make about a 20 point turn to make it on the trail. Trust me, that's about the same size as my truck. rofl
There was a guy floating around these parts in an H1 that was loaded for bear. That guy wheeled the snot out of it. It broke down on Fordyce and spent the winter under about 10' of snow.

Sad thing is, most people I've come across have a bad attitude about how much better their H2 is....riiiiiiight. Mr. Green
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, how appropriate. Mr. Green
Quote:
This is just one of those moments you are glad you have a camera with you. I was in Virginia at Camp Jeep during July 15-17th. As many of you know, to attend Camp Jeep you must own a Jeep and drive it in to the event. As large as it has become during the last few years, vendors are starting to appear on the road going into the event. I had stopped at one of the vendor tents on the road leading into the event. I was in the tent looking around when out of the corner of my eye I saw a Hummer H2 pull up into the parking lot. Mind you, there were probably 20 jeeps of various types in the parking lot and a Hummer pulling into the parking lot is probably not the most welcome there. It would be like going to a Harley Davidson rally and stopping at a bar full of Harley owners on a Yamaha rice rocket.

Well, I just happened to see the front passenger tire of the H2 spinning freely. I just assumed someone was just messing around and having fun. After looking closer, the owner had proudly pulled up his Hummer over a small tree stump in the yard.And upon trying to leave, found himself "stumped" with a problem. He had hung the frame of the H2 on the stump. The stump probably could not have been over 12" total height from the level gravel only 2-3 feet away.

http://www.onetomany.com/jeepnews/content.asp?i=691
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Actually, how appropriate. Mr. Green

http://www.onetomany.com/jeepnews/content.asp?i=691

Yup, right by the Port-A-John near the Skyjacker tent.

I wish I'd been there that day to see it...

Naturally, I HEARD about it from the Skyjacker guy on the last day, and he was laughing his a$$ off about it...

I always miss the good stuff... rofl

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: