Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swapping in gauge cluster??

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Swapping in gauge cluster?? Reply with quote

Just found this great site. I have a '95 Cherokee that's real basic, it has part time 4x4, 4.0L inline six, AC, and that's it on options. It's a 5 speed with manual windows and locks, no alloy wheels, and no instruments. There's just a fuel gauge and a speedo, and lights for everything else. I want to install the instrument cluster from a Cherokee with all the gauges--tachometer, oil pressure, coolant temp, amps, etc. Will this swap right in, or will I need to change out the senders too? I'm afraid the sensors for the coolant temp and oil pressure lights might be different than those for the gauges.

FOR SALE '89 Volvo 740 Wagon with FORD MUSTANG 5.0L V8. 2300 miles on NEW engine, 5speed, excellent shape, no rust/accidents, suspsnsion mods, dark gray, awesome car, very fast and a great sleeper. Email me and visit the website!
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. You will need new sending units for temperature and oil pressure. The senders for the idiot lights are ON/OFF switches...the senders for the gauges are variable resistors.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: