Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New boy on the block..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
copey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: New boy on the block.. Reply with quote

Hi guys this is copey from the UK..just bought my 1st Jeep..a Grand Cherikee ltd, had Range Rovers for many years but have lusted over a Grand Cherokee for a while..mine is a 1997 model,I cant believe all things that are fitted to it,its like nothing i`ve ever had before,hope you dont mind me joining in your forum,just like to see what sort of issues / problems are being disscussed..catch ya later...copey... Very Happy
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.. Nice to have some foreign influence..

I have relatives in Hereford. UK.. My wifes entire family is there...Father in Law loves my rig I take him for a ride everytime he comes to the US.. (At least once a year.)

Anyway.. Post some pics of the cool right side drive.. Mr. Green

I have been trying to get my FIL to get me an old right side drive Cooper.
To ship here and fix up.. SO far nothing worth import taxes... Sad

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
copey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carl,thanks for your welcome..my web-site has taken a dive at the moment but see what i can do..
copey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows that...?
Photo Island ok for hosting but will be better when my own site is up and running again.. smash
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, the more the merrier. Don't worry about breaking your site - I goof up this place every once in a while. Wink
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Welcome, the more the merrier. Don't worry about breaking your site - I goof up this place every once in a while. Wink

And then there's those times when the host screws up our site.
benwj

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. I didn't lust over a grand cherokee, but only because I had never driven one. I am in Dubai at the moment where I bought my 2001 Grand Cherokee. I am originally from Australia where, like Dubai, LandCruisers and Patrols are the 4wd of choice (I had a Troopy). Pajaros and Izuzu (Trooper/Jakaroo) rate highly as well. The GC never seemed to get given a chance to prove itself in the magazine comparisons and is therefore not considered a serious 4wd. Even bloody Hyundais got wildcard entries before the Jeep.
The Landcruisers and Patrols were out of my price range (hold their value) and I was looking at the Pajaro and Trooper (even considered buying a Land Rover) until I drove the Jeep and was instantly impressed. Needless to say, I am no longer an ignorant Toyota driver.
Although, I was a bit surprised that my brother-in-law from Alaska was not that impressed when I told him that I had bought a Grand Cherrokee. He has an F150. Is that why?
I was also surprised that Copey lusted after a Grand Cherokee for so long while he was driving his Range Rover, not because the GC left him for dead at the traffic lights, but that the Range Rover is, what, twice the price of a Cherokee?
Anyway, there is not a lot of mud in this part of the world, but the sand dunes are good fun.
http://www.sonnyvision.com/dubai/2etrip/dunedriving/imagepages/image6.html
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. The F150 and Cherokees are like apples and oranges - they each have their place but IMO they're pretty different. By the way, how'd you stumble across us? welcome
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.. apples and stinky blue oval oranges... rofl rofl rofl

Welcome aboard..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
copey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found you by trawling thro dozens of sites,you all looked .."interesting".. Very Happy
GC arent normally considered as "off roaders" over here,abit "softie" but after seeing some of your fotos I think most of the guys would be well impressed,mine is abit to nice to start knocking about yet,have to have a look around for something abit cheaper..we over to Denmark and Sweden last year with the RR...NEARLY WRECKED IT OVER THERE..THEY ARE ALL MAD... Very Happy ..
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copey wrote:
I found you by trawling thro dozens of sites,you all looked .."interesting".. Very Happy
GC arent normally considered as "off roaders" over here,abit "softie" but after seeing some of your fotos I think most of the guys would be well impressed,mine is abit to nice to start knocking about yet,have to have a look around for something abit cheaper..we over to Denmark and Sweden last year with the RR...NEARLY WRECKED IT OVER THERE..THEY ARE ALL MAD... Very Happy ..

drive it down thru france and italy when you have a vacation then it will be in great shape to go off into the woods

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
copey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kygreenyj..hope to take it down thro` France and Spain next year...will try Italy one of these years..(been saying that for the last 3 years at least)..
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copey wrote:
kygreenyj..hope to take it down thro` France and Spain next year...will try Italy one of these years..(been saying that for the last 3 years at least)..

its worth the wait

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
benwj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys I work with has a 97 cherokee and he told me about you guys. Good to be here.
Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: