Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short arm mods for 4" of susp. lift...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Short arm mods for 4" of susp. lift... Reply with quote

Would like some thoughts and input on this from ya's if ya would Smile . I saw awhiles back that someone had moved the mounting locations of their LCA's to alleviate the angles common to TJ's with 4+" of lift and short arms. Completely forgot about this until I was reading an article about Nth Degree Mobility's take on this setup. They show relocating the rear arms to lessen angles by mounting the rear mount higher and the front mount lower and also shaving off the excess metal to create a bit more ground clearance, Clarence. That seems fine for me for the rear, but what about the front? I would think doing the same would create the same results. Move the front mount higher, rear mount lower, and grind whatever is left. I was just out looking at the heep and just from eyeballing it, this would make a phenominal difference in angles. So what's everyone's take on this? I figure bracketry should be reinforced a bit and street ride should be improved. I'm guessing not quite longarm good, but not short arm ick either. Looking for something to do and since this'll cost the old checkbook a grand total of zero, this could be the next project Mr. Green .
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that also in an article FourWheeler did with a new Rubicon, an RE lift, and all of Nth Degree's goodies.

I don't believe it would work in the front. The axle LCA brackets didn't appear to have enough of a gap in them to make it work. In addition, by moving it up higher, the arm will hit your spring perch earlier and will limit the flex more.
-DouG-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why'd you lift that Jeep so high? Finger
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peer pressure Razz . I'll prolly scrap the idea. If it's only gonna fix half the prob, there's no sense in doing it. Granted, it'd still help keep the rear arms outta the way in a LA setup, but I was looking for something to mess around with until that cashcow wandered onto the farm rofl .
BAMA TJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: short arm mods Reply with quote

4"???? ...How 'bout a 3" lift w/stock LCA's and I'm still gettin some pretty mean death wobble (u know it when it happens)....got too much invested already to go adding unnecessary weld-ons . I'm just gonna dish out a little extra and go w/ a.m. fixed LCA's for a 3" lift...u might want to consider adustables if u planning on adding extra lift later.....oh yea, save your time w/the cousin jokes cause I'm from Bama, already heard 'em all and only half are true..lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: