Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

introduction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeep_driven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

I just found this fourum and I think it's loaded with valuable info for getting the toys back in shape...

I drive a '89 cherokee limited, and there a few things that I noticed and that no one has been able to give me a really good answer, maybe some one out there can share some feed back on how to resolve them.

when the AC is on and you step on the gas from a complette stop or accelerate kind of hard I've noticed that the air stops blowing from the front dash vents and only bows from the window/defoger ones and also from the floor vents, once you get up to speed or you release the gas pedal, it's star to blow from the front vents, anyone knows why, and is there a way to keep the air from going some were that dosen't need to be?

thanks for you help..
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the XJ's are designed this was, but on some vehicles, the a/c cuts out at WOT or under hard acceleration to redirect the power to the drive wheels. Any thoughts?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have problems with the vents at any other times? It sounds to me like either vacuum canister/canister hoses are leaking or blocked. XJ's are notorius for problems with venting due to the vacuum canister (located behind the front bumper on the passenger side).

The dash venting is controlled by vacuum. When there is a problem with vacuum, the venting will go to it's default position, which is defrost.

Under normal driving conditions, the engine is creating enough vacuum to hold the vents open, but when you stomp the skinny pedal the engine goes to low vacuum and there is not enough in reserve to keep the vents open...the canister is supposed to provide that vacuum.

Just a guess...

HTH

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeep_driven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey steve!

on the first question, no otherr problems with the vents. just this item.
But now that you bring in to play the vacum canister, you migth have something there, when I got the Jeep it had been in a minor fender bender, when removing the front bumper, the canister was loose, I dont know if it just rests on the bumper. my theory is that with the impact the canister cracked and this will reslut in the loosing of the vacum...
coments...
Rick
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sounds like a good theory to me. The canister is actually bolted to the bumper. If it's loose, it could be cracked or a hose could be cracked or loose. I'd start there.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeep_driven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try this wknd...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: