Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uwharrie Oct 8-11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Uwharrie Oct 8-11 Reply with quote

Low Country Jeep Club is headed up there this weekend and thought I'd ask if anyone here was headed that way too. We're planning a night run on Saturday I think, should be a fun ride now with that RE 4.5" SF lift.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
battallion14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Uwharrie Oct 8-11 Reply with quote

T.O.W. Vehicle wrote:
Low Country Jeep Club is headed up there this weekend and thought I'd ask if anyone here was headed that way too. We're planning a night run on Saturday I think, should be a fun ride now with that RE 4.5" SF lift.

We just ran up there this past weekend. The hurricanes have done a good job of washing stuff out and it was a lot of fun. However, be forewarned that "Zuwharrie" is next weekend and UNF is gonna be crawling with Sammys. It is almost tempting to go down there and find a nice place to picnic on Kodak and watch them. Have fun! Very Happy
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had a problem with the Sammies though the ATV's and motorcycles where plentiful! We had a ball. Daniel now has an attitude! Seems the upper pass is washed out more.
Dickey Bell at night was a thumper also.

We hit ever available trail, some more that once and tested my new lift as much as we could. Got stuck on Kodak going up and had to winch once, that's all. Still not bad for no lockers and 31' tires.

Evil or Very Mad Forgot to add that I somehow bent my tie rod pretty good on a rock too. Had that repaired quickly with the onboard jack the next day. Plenty of thick mud to clog brakes and cause a lot of squealing.

While the trails have changed a bit I think it was for the best.
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
battallion14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What line did you take up Daniel? The middle line has become a lot of fun. dancing banana

I snapped my tie rod on that big white quartz rock in the middle of Dickey Bell a couple months ago. It literally snapped about an inch in from the driver's side tie rod end. I replaced it with a ZJ (V8 ) tie rod and have been very happy with it.

T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We came in off Dutch John Rd I believe. Played on the rocks the nite before and returned for the rest the next day. We took the lesser of three evils, the trail to the right (easiest).

I put the heep on it's side (passenger) during the last trip to Windrock and the wife is still a bit aprehensive so...

Did have a fellow coming up that took the middle and was in the process of burning his clutch up when we got there. Not wearing a seat belt either. Several jeeps have rolled off that line BTW. Took offense that the seatbelt issue was raised so we all left. His friends had a handfull with him I bet!

We finally made it up Posing rock. Hope to post a pic later.
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: