Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next mod?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been loking at the Jeeperman site. Doh!
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:
it says it right here

Ya gotta translate it for Mike....

Ye shall Specify if longer than standard 46" bumper is desired below in the options box. Thoust of lengths of 54" and 60" will have a small blunt end at each side.

Prolly doesn't help him that it's not in metric units either flipoff agree . I think I'd go with the 54" myself. Everyone wants the shorty for optimal approach angles, but I like the idea of a little more front end protection. I figure I do fine with the stock bumper on there now, so why not keep the protection it offers, but with some real metal Mr. Green .
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out and measured it, 59".
JaySea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually ordered the shorter of their bumpers...so you can use mine for comparison to help decide which one you would like Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Warn fuel tank skid is being delivered tomorrow, I have a new 36 tooth steering gear to fit and an RSE dif guard to fit. I think I'll wait till it warms up a bit. Mr. Green

I also need to replace the diff oil as I had new gears fitted a while ago, do you need to remove the diff cover or can you get a little pump and suck it out?
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With new gears, I'd remove the cover so you get any slivers out.
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:
Well the Warn fuel tank skid is being delivered tomorrow,

Sweet...I've got a guinea pig. When's the WF for this install?
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Warn fuel tank skid this morning, crap that things heavy, and BIG too. I'm seriously considering the wisdom of getting the OME medium duty springs, I think I may have to replace them with the heavy duty springs or my ass will be dragging on ground. flipoff agree
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, I always feel it's a good practice to remove the covers to inspect the gears for peace of mind and to get all that dirty gear oil out there as suctioning won't get it all... The only difference is a $3 tube of RTV sealant and some time...
quadna71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:
Just got the Warn fuel tank skid this morning, crap that things heavy, and BIG too. I'm seriously considering the wisdom of getting the OME medium duty springs, I think I may have to replace them with the heavy duty springs or my ass will be dragging on ground. flipoff agree

maybe even a set of 3" tera coils??? just a thought...
chris
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:

maybe even a set of 3" tera coils??? just a thought...
chris

Great point, you could prolly find them used cheap (maybe Drack still has his).. You'd prolly spend a good bit on OMEs and not get much outta them. If you went with the 3" Teras, you should be able to keep your tcase drop free still since you have the MML...
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So suppose I swapped my OME coils for a set of 3" Tera's, I already have JKS 1 1/4" body lift. Would I then be able to run 35" tires? If I went for Goodyear MTR's which tend to run a little smaller than quoted I believe then I think the 4.10's would probably be OK. What else would I need?

My Jeep currently
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd fit Mike, but I wouldn't run them like that off the pavement. Here's a pic of mine with the 3" tera's and a 1" bl...

They fit fine and were okay for on the street, but I really don't think anything short of really extending my bumpstops woulda saved my fenders offroad when flexing. Here's a pic with the 4" tera's and bl with the same tires...

The only reason I ran it the way I did is because I was waiting on the coils to arrive and already picked up the tires. In 35", the BFG's and GY's really don't have that much of a size difference from what I've seen. They both seem to sit about the same height at that tire measurement (guess they only skimp on the smaller sizes Wink ). Another thing is the gearing, I don't believe that you'll be happy with the 4.10's and 35's on the street or off road (unless you get a 4:1 kit to compensate). I thought mine was the cat's meow with 4.56's and 35's, but now think that 4.88's woulda been a better choice for the 35's. I had a ton of power when I ran 4.56's and 33's and while the 35's aren't a slouch with those gears, I'm reading more and more that 4.88's woulda been comprable to my 33/4.56 setup. I'm not gonna regear again (simply because Kim would kill me Wink ), but if I ever do the Super kits for the axles, then 4.88's might be an option since the labor's the same either way. Just some thoughts for ya, slappy Mr. Green .
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:
So suppose I swapped my OME coils for a set of 3" Tera's, I already have JKS 1 1/4" body lift. Would I then be able to run 35" tires? If I went for Goodyear MTR's which tend to run a little smaller than quoted I believe then I think the 4.10's would probably be OK. What else would I need?

My Jeep currently

I'm gonna agree with drack. I could certainly fit 35s on the street with my 3" tera and 1" BL, but I don't think it'd work offroad. Not to mention, I wouldn't choose to run them on 4.10s. The 4.10s aren't bad with 33s, but if I was doing it again, I'd probably just go to 4.56s. The 4.10s are certainly better than the 3.73s, but I think they're a little too high. I wish there was a ratio between 4.10 and 4.56 for the D30. I know they make 4.29, which would probably be perfect for what I want, but they aren't available for the D30.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, you may have other stuff to do with going to 3" coils... You could stay with stock control arms, but this could be your excuse to upgrade them as well.. 3" coils would be great with your setup, we can flex on your rocks along your driveway and post PAP scenery in back again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: