Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next mod?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawdammit dude Shocked ! Don't post his poser secrets on a public forum rofl . But seriously, control arms and a SYE would prolly be in your best interest when going bigger like that. You seem to enjoy an "as close to factory ride" as possible and OEM control arms and 3+ inches of lift don't make for a very good ride. Back when I was running 3" coils and I decided to lengthen the lower rear arms, the ride difference was quite noticeable (re: restoring the original wheelbase). I didn't find it all that bad before, but mind you, I've been driving a Jeep for like 11 years now. CJ, coupla YJ's, and now the TJ's....I think my "ride quality" standards have been numbed over the years Laugh . Your spidey senses still seem to tingle though Wink . Shit man, you haven't even wheeled the OME setup yet eyebrows: .
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, just as reference here's a pic of mine with the 4+1" setup and 35's stuffing the front...

As you can see, it's a little tight Wink .
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a 'little' tight. I was concerned about the extra weight of the fuel tank skid reducing my rear clearance on the OME medium coils. I take your point about 35's being OTT and I will never get a stealth mod like 35's past her indoors so I think I better forget about the tires. So if I do loose clearance and go to Tera 3" coils are you saying I should get adjustable control arms as well?
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't hurt, but they might now be necessary either. It all depends on how much the OME coils settle under the weight. If you add a swing out rear with the gas tank skid, it's hard to say. It sucks, but you won't really know until things are accustomed to each other. If you add Tera's and they give you as much height as you have now, you should be fine. If you end up picking up some height (remember, my coils netted me about 3.5" of lift, but I'm running a real light setup), you'll prolly be interested in new control arms. Spacers on top of the OME coils are an option as well to recoup any lost height due to sagging. After all that non-answering, your best bet is to take a tape measure and get some measurements at current ride height now (note the tire pressure as well) and then compare it to after you start adding on stuff to see exactly how much difference there may be. Check the psi's to make sure your not getting false readings due to pressure discrepancies Smile .
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
Check the psi's to make sure your not getting false readings due to pressure discrepancies Smile .

Her indoors bought me a digital tire pressure guage for Christmas, I can check my PSI to within 0.5 PSI. Bright red LED's so you can read your tire pressure at midnight if you want too. Rolling Eyes
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caved in and bought a Jeeperman Single Hoop front bumper. I decided to go for the 60" version as a result of being forced off the road the other night in the snow. I was heading straight for a utility pole which I missed, then heading for the support wire which I also just missed. If I had short bumpers then the damn thing would have sliced my fender clean off. At least with the bumper just a gnats goolie longer than the fenders are wide I would have got away it. It arrives on Monday, I'm having it delivered to work so I should be able to mount it in my lunch break.

Mr. Green
JaySea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent Mike...you wont be disapointed...believe me.....they are heavy duty Very Happy also if you are still looking for a bit of height why dont you pick up a pair of cheap spacers...that's what i did with mine ...just a few other options for ya Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah a quick tip for the warn skid...install the front bracket first...it makes things much easier Laugh it's exaclty the same as my skid row one and i couldnt feel my fingers anymore last year to install the front part of the bracket...boy was it a biotch putting that thing on once the back was already in place Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick 15 minute mod.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:

Looks awesome MIke!!!!!!!! I hope to see it in person some day soon Wink
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith and Mike have an awful lot of winking going on between them, if you look around the forums...

The jeep looks great, Mike! Mr. Green
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha you and your super duper powers... I still have a lil X in the corner Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Mike. Don't bother winkin' at me because I ain't participating in whatever kinda across the sea ritual that must be linked to .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:

That's a good picture too! Send me one for the website and I'll show 'er off for you. Bet a winch can't be too far out.... Smile
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

007 wrote:
Bet a winch can't be too far out.... Smile

I ws thinking more of some auxiliary lights to make use of the brackets ontop of the hoop Rolling Eyes

Excellent product. I'll send the picture to info@raingler.com.

Thanks

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: