Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

242 Problem with shifting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: 242 Problem with shifting Reply with quote

I completed the swap from my old 249 a while back and I have just been running my jeep in 2WD ever since.. No real need as of yet for 4WD.
I did; however, try to switch it into the 4Part Time, 4 Full and 4 Lo to see if they worked. What happened greatly disturbed me Sad
After I switch it into one of those modes, it seems to pull to the left really hard and makes kind of a groaning grinding noise. I was not happy! When I switched it back into 2WD it still pulled and grinded until I shook the lever around and popped it in and out of 4WD several times!
Any ideas to what the problem could be? I don't really NEED 4WD, but I kinda would like to have it...
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have a clue why it would pull to one side or the other... Maybe a front axle problem.. I dont know..
The grinding when shifting could be that you are not shifting correctly ..
You should be rolling 3-5 miles per hour and put Jeep in Neutral and while still rolling pull the t case to what ever gear you want then Tranny back in gear.. IF you try to do it while you are sitting still it will grind..

Like I said .. As far as pulling to one side that would almost be impossible to blame on the T case..

But I dont know where to put the blame..

Sorry..
Any other help??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: