Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Starter Install

View previous topic :: View next topic  
95sahara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Remote Starter Install Reply with quote

I have a Bulldog remote starter that I had in my pickup. Installed it in the pickup in half an hour with no problems, but now I can't get it to work in my YJ. I went to the starter's website and printed out the color key for the Jeep but they weren't right, so I bought a Haynes manual and the wiring diagrams in it weren't even near right, so I printed out diagrams off of Mitchell OnDemand at my work, it's semi-right but not all. What I can't find is where to hook in to give the blower motor power, nor where to give the ignition it's power. I did find the starter wire by myself so now it cranks, the parking lights come on, the brakes make it turn off, but it won't run because it doesn't have power to the ignition system and the blower motor wont run because it doesn't have power. If anyone has worked on the under-dash wiring or has installed one in a YJ before, please help me! Not to brag but I'm pretty good at wiring but this has got me stumped. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
95sahara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help me out here?
Eric99WJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this from the looks of it you have to energize the Accessory and second Accessory for the blower motor if you have any questions...E-Mail me at EricKirsch@woh.rr.com and I'll help you out

12volts red + underhood fusebox or
Notes: Also found the same colors behind the instrument cluster (may be easier here if A/C equipped).

Starter yellow + underhood fusebox or
Notes: Also found the same colors behind the instrument cluster (may be easier here if A/C equipped).

Ignition blue + underhood fusebox or

Accessory black/white + underhood fusebox or

Second Accessory black/orange + underhood fusebox or

Parking Lights+ black/yellow light switch or dimmer

Door Trigger yellow - door switch or dimmer

Tachometer gray ac ignition coil or
Notes: Also found gray/blue at the rear of the instrument cluster

Brake Wire white + hazard switch or
Notes: Also found white/tan at the brake switch.

Horn Trigger black/red - steering column

e
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: