Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stock Alarm randomly going off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty122

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Stock Alarm randomly going off Reply with quote

All i have is the stock alarm on my 93 ZJ. Its just the alarm that comes with that car that you cant arm or disarm with a remote. For some random reason the alarm goes off about 50% of the time when i lock the car then about 5 minites later the horn and lights start blaring. Is there just a fuse i can pull or something to get this to stop perminitly or is there some other trick. Basically ive not been locking my car for fear of the alarm going off. kinda defeathing the purpose of an alarm. Thanks guys
Beerman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with my 93.

Disconnect the hood pin,take the wire off after I did that everything was fine.
Jeepski

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue with my 94.

My problem turned out to be a bad battery. When the charge went low the alarm went off. Usually soon after locking it with the remote. A new battery solved it.
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked on a ZJ one time that had the same problem. It had an aftermarket alarm on it (Viper) that was malfunctioning, so I removed it thinking that was the problem. The guy was trying to blame it on the alarm and stereo I had put in there, Nope! It still kept going off like it was crazy. So I got into the electrical system and started probing the airbag wires.... (J/K!!!) I eventually found that the battery was giving the computer low doses of 12V so it would cause the computer to think that it was being tampered with = alarm goes off. I took out the stock battery and replaced it with a fresh one. Checked it all again and i was getting a good constant voltage = no more alarm problems. I re-installed the Viper alarm and everything worked fine. There was much rejoicing... Yaaay...
Oh yeah and P.S. - The guy I fixed that for took it out to the rock quarry the next day and rolled it... Sucks to be him.
CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
tynee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: What is the hood pin? Reply with quote

My 93 alarm is going off randomly. It already has a new battery. What is the hood pin that Beerman was referring too?
slamm36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same prob in my 97. I have to just lock the doors the old fasion way and use the key to unlock.
brada7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had same problem. Had to adjust the hood to shut tighter on the switch (passengerside fender). That fixed it. Set your alarm and then wait for the security light to stop flashing and then lightly pull up on the passenger side of the hood, or push down on the driverside. If the alarm goes off without much pressure, then thats the problem.
slamm36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we are all talking about the stalk alarm that u can not enable or disable. Atleast i am.
Thanks
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look under the dash find the alarm module and run the purple wire and the yellow wire to ground.. THis will bypass the alarm and eliminate your problems...

Hope that helps..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tynee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely talking about the stock alarm here, but I think that's what all of these replies have been directed at, slamm. Each time you lock the doors with the power door locks inside the vehicle, it arms the alarm system. When you turn the key in the driver's side lock, it disarms. Thanks for your help, folks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: