Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uwharrie/Camping sometime next year?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should FM2CD go to Uwharrie next year?
Yes - In the spring
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Yes - In the fall
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
No - I'm a pansy, I'll wheel at the mall
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of hotels availible. The Days Inn in Biscoe seems to be the best bet so far.

With a short drive through town your on your way to the Eldorado OutPost usually the first day for passes and gasing up/airing down. From the hotel it's about a half hour drive. From Arrowhead Campground about ten minutes. Plenty of room to gather several clubs and trail riders rigs in the large grassy area provided for this.

From Eldorado your about ten minutes or less from a trail in any direction.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!

Last edited by T.O.W. Vehicle on Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Pic of timid Uwharrie Reply with quote

Another pic from Kodac Rock Garden

WEEEEEEE!!!!! Just having FUN!
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this to continue this converstaion. October is the target month, since camping will still be an option and the trails should be pretty knarly by then.

So let's settle on a date....

Discuss. Mr. Green

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad thing we might not be able to go depending on what dates, kids will be in school, bad enought they will miss some in March for Kentuky.

Last edited by Billy's89XJ on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the begging to mid october. This way it's still nice out before it starts to turn too cold. Possible dates (Saturday/Sunday): Oct 1 & 2; Oct 8 & 9, and Oct 15 & 16.

Now when we do this, how many days are we talking? Something simalar to LBL? Drive down Thursday, wheel friday and saturday and drive home sunday?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
I'm thinking the begging to mid october. This way it's still nice out before it starts to turn too cold. Possible dates (Saturday/Sunday): Oct 1 & 2; Oct 8 & 9, and Oct 15 & 16.

Now when we do this, how many days are we talking? Something simalar to LBL? Drive down Thursday, wheel friday and saturday and drive home sunday?

That would be the best plan. As for the date...I would say the later the better. The later in the year we go, the more fun the trails will be. So my $0.02 is to leave for Uwharrie on Thursday, Oct 13th and drive back on Sun Oct 16th.

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oct 8,9 & 10 isn't that the Columbus Day weekend?
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that's another reason I said the weekend of the 15th/16th....no holiday traffic that way. Wink

Quote:
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

however if we consider going Columbus day weekend, it would be easer for Vic and Kristy to come and not take the kids out of school. Drive down Saturday, Wheel sunday, drive home monday.

Everyone else can can drive down friday and wheel sat and sunday and we all drive home monday.

Or if they have no problem taking the kids out one day, Vic and Kristi can drive down friday with everyone. This way they are only missing one day.

I also will only have to take one day off too.

My two cents

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 8th & 9th, like Jen, I would only need to take one day off
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, it sounds like the 8th/9th will work best for most and is the general consensus. I dunno about y'all but I'll be driving down on Thursday and wheeling Fri, Sat and Sun...
So while you're in holiday traffic, I'll be on the trails. Finger

Quote:
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Night Runs Reply with quote

Don't forget, you can do the ultimate, a couple of night runs too. These are a blast! Even on the easer trails, this is fun.

I'm puttin this on my calender and hoppin I get to come along.

Low Country Jeep Club is heading up there the first of April and I intend to be there as a Group Leader for one of the modified groups. Hopefully, I can keep ya'll informed about the trails and condidtions.

Really "most" of the trails are doable by a stocker, but if it rains, all bets are off!
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
jeepboyxj94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey yall, im down here in charlotte nc, i have been to uwharrie before and the trails r pretty awsome, my b-day is oct the 9th so i hope yall go that weekend cause i know im going to uwharrie when vic does, lookin foward to wheelin wit u guys.
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why yes we will be down there then. All the particular have not been worked yet, but the dates are Oct 8,9 & 10.

Once we have all the details worked out we will put a post up, so be on the look out.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: 05 conditions, Opening Day Reply with quote

I made it Uwharrie on the opening weekend. What a surprise! While I was the first Jeep on several trails I certainly had plenty of company on others but hardly crowded.

It had rained good Thursday and I took to the trails Friday morning. Slick and sticky was the best description I can give ya. Stockers were limited to moderate and easy trails pretty much. Downhill was the term of the day for passing over trails like Dutch John. Even the easy trails were a bugger for modified Jeeps to get up.

Then, it rained Friday night real good again only to stop before the morning crew came out to play. We had over 30 Jeeps to guide through and talk about fun! Unless you had a locker it was decided that you’d go with the Stocker group. Instead of splitting into three groups we split into two. Those with a locker, and those without one. Because the clay was so slick, height really didn’t matter. Aggressive tires helped too but without a bunch of rubber grabbing all at once, you were doomed on the steeper hills.

We tried to get up the backside of Daniel without luck so this was our splitting point. I was with the “without” group and we decided to attempt the front side of Rocky Mt. Loop. Took us the rest of the morning to reach the pass for an easy trail named Saw Mill. After completing a very short section of this we turned around and joined the Locker group at Kodak Rock Garden for lunch.

A call came out for assistance from the Tidewater Jeep Club. A fellow was stranded with a broken tie rod. I had one so another and me Jeep broke off fro the crowd and went to their assistance. Found them on a trail other than the one they thought they were on. We took Saw Mill, an easy trail, yea right!

All this to say Uwharrie in the rain is every bit Tellico on a dry day.

Not much work was accomplished this past winter and the trails are much the way we left them. No holes were filled in. New water diverters were bulldozed though.

Mucho fun for this coming Oct.!!!!
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: