Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming my keyless

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwperson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Programming my keyless Reply with quote

The jeep came with no fobs so I bought 2 for this model, how do I program it? my car is a 97... I found some dude on ebay who has instructions for $5 I guess its worth a try.

Tom
cool94gc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pay for that info, dude. Just search here or www.nagca.com. The info is in the owner's manual for my '94 but I'm not near it right now. If you still need it I'll post it tomorrow.
seanpv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed into the receiver at any given time.

All transmitters to be used on a vehicle must be programmed during this procedure.

(1) Open the driverís door and leave it open during the programming process.

(2) Move the mechanical door lock lever on the driverís door to the LOCK position.

(3) Insert the ignition key and turn it to the RUN position. (Do not start the vehicle.)

(4) After turning the ignition key to the Run position aim the transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Once the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock.

(5) If additional transmitters are to be used on the vehicle each must be programmed during the programming sequence. (Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to a vehicle) To program additional transmitters: Return the mechanical door lock lever on the driverís door to the LOCK position and aim the next transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Again when the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock. Repeat step 5 until all transmitters have been programmed.

(6) When all transmitters have been programmed to the receiver, the ignition must be turned off and back on within 20 seconds after programming the last transmitter. When this is done, only the transmitters that were programmed to the vehicle during this procedure will operate the locks.
bmwperson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried those before... they didnt work for me are you sure its for the same year? my jeep is a 97.... If i go thru your instructions I always get stuck because my locks dont cycle (when i press the remote they should cycle... they dont )

Tom
seanpv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.keylessride.com

Try going here and inputing your information. I don't know the exact details of your car but its said you have to have a professional program the remotes.
The site does give you instruction on how to do it if your year has an easy way of doing it so give that website a try.

"** This remote must be programmed by your local dealer, or a local KeylessRide Locksmith Partner. Click here to see if there is a KeylessRide Locksmith Partner location near you. The price quoted does NOT INCLUDE dealership programming fees."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: