Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Look at these pics and tell me what I did

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanpv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Look at these pics and tell me what I did Reply with quote

So I've been planning on fixing up my zj since I got it. It now has over 220,000 miles on it. I just replaced the radiator with a jegs all aluminum radiator and went to s.f. for the weekend. On my way back my friend and I decided to hit the sand dunes of off pismo beach. We wound up jumping the car and hitting the front drive shaft.

A tow truck driver took the shaft off, but now when I drive if I go over 60mph the car starts to vibrate alot. Someone in another post said I damaged my t.c. but I'm also wondering if it could be the differential?

Since I'm planning on fixing the car I just wanted to know what I need to replace. I've posted some pictures to help show the damage.

I'm already planning on replace the tc to a 242, after researching this and finding out what viscous coupling is I'm not much of a fan and want that case out. My main concern is getting the drive shaft back on my car.

how bad is this??
[/img]
MaineZJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rubber hose is the breather for the front axle
leak might be valve cover
that's one busted front shaft

what year is your ZJ?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats looks like a CV shaft that is shattered as piss... rofl

You will need a new one..
I would also like to know what your your ZJ is .. I think they put those CV shafts in after 96 but I am not positive..

If you are wobbleing you should take it to a shop and get a front end alignment its probobly something bent .. Also step back and look at your tires if they appear to be leaning you could have ruined a unit hub..

Post up the pics of the front of the axle so I can see the steering linkages and such..

Worst case scenario. You trashed your front axle.. Replace it with a high pinion 30 out of a mid to late 90's XJ and you will be better off anyway...

Just for future reference Jumping with short arm suspension and stock axles is really really bad idea.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
seanpv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The year is 1995,

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: