Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2000 JGC code problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
action13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: 2000 JGC code problem? Reply with quote

I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the check engine light came on. I got it checked and it said it was a

p1281

Fule Air Metering Control.

When I checked the code in the book, it said that a P1281 should be and engine to cold to long (thermostat)

Is there a reason these do not match?

Should I just change my themostat and hope that works?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTC#, Diagnostic Trouble Code Title
P11XX - FUEL AND AIR METERING
P1100 Induction Control Motor position Sensor Fault
P1105 Open or shorted condition detected in the baro read solenoid control circuit
P1192 Inlet air temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage (shorted
P1193 Inlet air temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage (shorted
P1194 Incorrect or irrational performance has been detected for the pulsewidth modulat
P1195 Slow switching oxygen sensor detected in bank 1/1 during catalyst monitor test
P1196 Slow switching oxygen sensor detected in bank 2/1 during catalyst monitor test
P1197 Slow switching oxygen sensor detected in bank 1/2 during catalyst monitor test
P1198 Radiator coolant temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage
P1199 Radiator coolant temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage

P12XX - FUEL AND AIR METERING (INJECTOR CIRCUIT)
P1243 Open or shorted condition detected in the turbocharger surge valve solenoid cont
P1280 Open or shorted condition detected in the fuel system relay control circuit (CNG
P1281 Engine coolant temperature remains below normal operating temperatures during vehicle
P1282 Open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit
P1288 Open or shorted condition detected in the short runner tuning valve (SRV) solenoid
P1289 Open or shorted condition detected in the manifold tuning valve solenoid control
P1290 Compressed natural gas system pressure above normal operating range
P1291 Energizing heated air intake does not change intake air temperature sensor an ac
P1292 Compressed natural gas pressure sensor reading above acceptable voltage
P1293 Compressed natural gas pressure sensor reading below acceptable voltage
P1294 Target RPM not achieved during drive idle condition (possible vacuum leak or IAC
P1295 Loss of a 5 volt feed to the throttle position sensor has been detected
P1296 Loss of a 5 volt feed to the manifold pressure sensor has been detected
P1297 No difference is recognized between the MAP reading at engine idle and the store
P1298 A prolonged lean condition is detected during Wide Open Throttle
P1299 Manifold pressure sensor signal does not correlate to throttle position sensor s

P13XX - IGNITION SYSTEMS OR MISFIRE
P1388 Open or shorted condition detected in the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay control
P1389 No Z1 or Z2 voltage sensed when the auto shutdown relay is energized
P1390 Relationship between Cam and Crank signals not correct
P1391 Loss of the camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor has occurred
P1398 PCM is unable to learn the crankshaft position sensor's signal in preparation f
P1399 Open or shorted condition detected in the wait to start lamp circuit

P14XX - AUXILIARY EMISSIONS CONTROLS
P1476 Insufficient flow of secondary air injection detected during aspirator test (was
P1477 Excessive flow of secondary air injection detected during aspirator test (was P0
P1478 Internal ambient/battery temperature sensor input voltage out of an acceptable r
P1479 Open or shorted condition detected in the transmission fan relay circuit
P1480 Open or shorted condition detected in the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) s
P1481 EATX RPM pulse generator signal for misfire detection does not correlate with ex
P1482 Catalyst temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage (shorted
P1483 Catalyst temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage (shorted
P1484 Catalyst overheat condition detected by the catalyst temperature sensor
P1485 Open or shorted condition detected in the air assist injection (AAI) solenoid ci
P1486 Leak detection pump detected a pinched hose in the evaporative purge system
P1487 An open or shorted condition detected in the control circuit of the high speed radi
P1488 Auxiliary 5 volt sensor feed is sensed to be below an acceptable limit (see also
P1489 Open or shorted condition detected in the control circuit of the high speed radi
P1490 Open or shorted condition detected in control circuit of the low speed radiator
P1491 Open or shorted condition detected in the radiator fan control relay control cir
P1492 External ambient (battery) temperature sensor input above acceptable voltage
P1493 External ambient (battery) temperature sensor input below acceptable voltage
P1494 Incorrect input state detected for the leak detection pump (LDP) pressure switch
P1495 Open or shorted condition detected in the leak detection pump (LDP) solenoid cir
P1496 5 volt sensor feed is sensed to be below an acceptable limit (under 4v for 4 sec
P1498 Open or shorted condition detected in the control circuit of the high speed radi
P1499 Open or shorted condition detected in the hydraulic cooling fan solenoid control

P15XX - VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL AND IDLE CONTROL SYSTEM
P1594 Battery voltage sense input above target charging voltage during engine operation
P1595 Open or shorted condition detected in either of the speed control vacuum or vent
P1596 Speed control muxed switch input above maximum acceptable voltage
P1597 Speed control muxed switch input below minimum acceptable voltage
P1598 A/C pressure sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage
P1599 A/C pressure sensor input below minimum acceptable voltage

P16XX - COMPUTER OUTPUT CIRCUIT
P1602 Generic service PCM identifier indicating module has not been properly reprogram
P1682 Battery voltage sense input below target charging voltage during engine operation
P1683 Open or shorted condition detected in the speed control servo power control circ
P1684 Battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts (status indicator only -
P1685 Engine controller has received an invalid key from SKIM
P1686 No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM)
P1687 No CCD/J1850 messages received from the cluster control module
P1693 Fault generated in the companion engine control module
P1694 No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Engine Control Module (ECM)
P1695 No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Body Control Module (BCM)
P1696 Unsuccessful attempt to write to an EEPROM location by the control module
P1697 Unsuccessful attempt to update Service Reminder Indicator (SRI or EMR) mileage i
P1698 No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Transmission Control Module (TCM)
P1699 No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Climate Control Module (CCM)

P17XX - TRANSMISSION
P1719 Open or shorted condition detected in the transmission 2-3 gear lock-out solenoid
P1740 Rationality error detected in either the torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid
P1756 Requested pressure and actual pressure are not within a tolerance band for the
P1757 Requested pressure and actual pressure are not within a tolerance band for the
P1762 Governor pressure sensor input greater than a calibration limit or less than a c
P1763 Governor pressure sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage level
P1764 Governor pressure sensor input below minimum acceptable voltage level
P1765 Open or shorted condition is detected in the transmission relay control circuit

P18XX - TRANSMISSION
P1830 Open or shorted condition detected in the clutch pedal switch over-ride relay co
P1899 Incorrect input state detected for the park/neutral switch

Start be checking the thermostat.. (Is it the correct one?) 210* if you have put a 180* or something in that will make the light come on...

If that doesnt work. How is the engine running? If you are getting a wrong engine temp to the computer , when the engine is warm it will run very bad and get bad gas mileage..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hendrix7798

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Having same problem....and them some Reply with quote

I got the p1281 problem, i had a friend bring me down a new thermostat cuz i was stuck 50 minutes away from my house when the thermostat took a crap. So we replaced it and the engine ran cold, around 180 i think. and im pretty sure my vehicle is supposed to run at or close to 210. so im pretty sure he got me a 180 rated thermo. anyways the other problem which me n no one else can explain for is...when i drive the jeep it runs at 180 right, well when i park n idle it the temp starts to rise, as its rising i look under the hood in the coolant resovior tank and the level is rising above full and is ready to overflow. the 180 thermo explains my check engine light im sure. P1281 engine too cold. but what in the heck is going on with when i drive it stays cold and when i idle the temp wants to go to overheat zone and coolant wants to spu out of tank!?!?!? any advice would be greatly appreciated. i have to get inspected soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: