Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

progress on my lift kit (install in a week)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
935speedxj

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: progress on my lift kit (install in a week) Reply with quote

well i got the rancho 5000 0-3 inch shocks , the grand cherokee front v8 coils, im pickin up 2 inch spacers an rear leafs( i think they are 90 year leaf springs) tomarrow to make up the difference for the lift im gonna get for the rear with the s10 springs Mr. Green that are going in the back, i was wondering if im going to need to do anything to the s10 springs to make them fit ect...an yes i got the bolts to replace the ones that will probally snap off ( probally all of them) . an another question if anyone can help me out.. when i hit a hole bump ect going around a bend my a$$ end wants th slide out into the turn( death wobble ? shock ) an when i put the new springs an shocks on would this correct this an did anyone have this problem? all of my front end parts seem tight an i cant find any play thanks guys ~ phil
935speedxj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: progress on my lift kit (install in a week) Reply with quote

well tonght i installed the rear leafs but instead of 3 inches i got 4.5 .... ??? i still got to do a t/c drop on it but i was able to get it upto 25 mph before vibes ... i got pics but im not good at posting them...doing the front tomarrow ... any comments or susgestions are welcome ~ phil
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: progress on my lift kit (install in a week) Reply with quote

935speedxj wrote:
well tonght i installed the rear leafs but instead of 3 inches i got 4.5 .... ???

hmmmm...not sure about that one. Did you just install the S10 springs or you add any leafs to it? I'd PM Vic (unless he responds here first), he's got S10 leafs under his junk and I know he's got drop shackles and added a couple of leafs from his stock pack to get 5".

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - Get that T-case drop in there pronto!!!

The vibes from the driveshaft alone will require you to need dental work. Trust me !!

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
935speedxj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoreyXJ wrote:
Phil - Get that T-case drop in there pronto!!!

The vibes from the driveshaft alone will require you to need dental work. Trust me !!

CoreyXJ
yea i put the drop in this morning an it solved that problem none the less i had to shave some metal out of the rear of the shackel brackets so the shackels could move( resting on the rear of the brackets)needless im rear bumperless at the moment till i can get more cutting wheels to finish cutting out the bumper brackets... furious an i may have to cut out some more an the front i am going to try to get to this weekend an thanks again guys for the help here ~ phil
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh yes...the wonderful world of lifting Jeeps...ain't it fun? Two words of advice....

Sawz All...

rofl

Sorry for biting yer avatar Carl

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: