Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lift height

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: lift height Reply with quote

I did the f->r swap on my 95 ZJ. I used RE 3" front coils. I measured before and after....it gained 5" in the front and 3.5" in the back. I added 2 sets of factory isolaters to the rear to level it out. I did the lift in June and decided it would probably settle a little. I just measured it and still 5" front and now 4" in the rear. I couldn't figure out how it could be at 5"....so I asked what the stock ride height was from center cap of wheel to the fender lip. I remeasured and still it's 5" taller. Some people think I'm crazy to get 5" from a 3" spring....anyone have a similar experience?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be Rubicon Express springs... They are usually higher than they say.

Not to mention that ZJ springs are made to hold up a V8 and yours only has a 6 I would be willing to bet if you had the V8 you wouldnt have so much lift..

I am running 6.5" springs on mine and I am almost 7" taller than stock.. Even with the V8..

IF you are 5 up front and 4 in the back you should look nice and level...

Hope you have adjustable arms...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
grocery getter 318

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry im off subject b ut what contol arms do you run swamp boy?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rubicon Express arms on the front ...That I cut and made adjustable for the front ... And I just cut the back ones and lengthened them ....

I have almost 112" wheel base.. Because I pushed the axles out..(stock is 109")

When you lift your Jeep you will notice that your wheels come in towards the center.. Thats what the adjustable arms are for.. To put your wheels back in the centerline of the wheel wells.. I actually pushed mine out a little front and back to give me added clearance for bigger tires.. (you can cut the front and back bumper as much as you want ... But cutting the door in the back and the hinge mount area in the front is not a good thing... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: