Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heat will not come through dash vents

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember I got snowed on a few weeks ago in Death Valley? Nah, it's not cold enough for a heater. Finger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just figured the weather was nice there around this time. At least warmer than what it is here

My Morning Jacket
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING TO SUNDAY
EVENING..

PERIODS OF RAIN AND SNOW WILL BEGIN TONIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH
SUNDAY. SNOW LEVELS OF AROUND 6500 FEET TODAY ARE EXPECTED TO
DROP TO LAKE LEVEL ON SATURDAY. BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON...SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 FEET ARE POSSIBLE ABOVE 6500 FEET.

Some spring weather. Confused
picksnsticks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiethTj (moderator),
We don't know each other, but I recognized your animated cowbell picture from the VS Planet. I am part of DPS24 world forum. I check out the planet once in awhile. Anyways, just bought a Rubicon and joined this forum. Music and offroading, great hobbies. Ethan
WannaBJeepin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was the final problem a Vac line? since I got my 97 used in 2003, it has had a hard time selecting from Dash to Defrost to Heat ect. Sometimes it will go there pretty good & others...actually most of the time it just blows out everywhere a little bit. I 100% don't want to take it to Jeep to fix. I want to do it myself so I know what the problem is & can correct things as they happen. I do have the shop manual, but have not checked it for this problem. Some of the stuff in there I find confusing sometimes or just plain hard to find. Not sure if it is from to much or to little info.

Anyway, did you solve the problem? It is starting to get chilly in Norther IL & I'd like to figure this out before it gets cold Smile

Thanks,
Tim
www.miataman.com/jeep
KnightFire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, definitely check the vacuum line on the driver's side of the intake. I had the same problem, somehow it just popped off.

Put it back on, works like a champ.

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WannaBJeepin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have not really looked to what is under the dash. Where exactly is the vac line on the drivers side? Bottom, top, close to the firewall, close to the foot pedals, etc. Any help will be a big help while crawling under the dash. Also, I guess I am assuming that it is under the dash, not under the hood.

Thanks,
Tim
Winch
Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch & Pressure Plate
Custom Front & Rear Bumper's & Tire Carrier
Braided Break Lines
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
ARB's
Air System Purchased and in the works
JeepGal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely forgot to post back here...sorry Razz

Yes, it was the vac line, passenger side, under the battery shelf. It was cracked where it pushes on, so I trimmed it off and pushed it back on. It came off again while wheeling hard, this time, I wound some electrical tape tightly around the end before pushing it back on.

And yes, it gets cold enough here to use it. But usually only up in the mountains Smile

Tam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the line is coming off after trimming it back it is probably getting too old to be reliable. Elect. tape will hold for awhile but the line will continue to be a bother.

Hose is cheap, buy more and replace the whole line. BTW, might be time to replace ALL the lines now too before they began to cause engine problems. This is a small price to pay for the fun you'll get out of your Jeep.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
JeepGal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh...My Jeep is only three years old, I dont think its quite time to replace the lines. I do think Ill end up replacing that one though:)

heheheheh...but thanks for the advice anyway

tam
saharatj98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Before you go yanking the dash off, be careful with the airbags. I don't want to read about you having a screwdriver embedded in your sinus. Do you have the FSM? If you go to the HVAC removal/installation section, it shows you how to pull the temp control panel from beneath the radio. I'd look at those connections to make sure everything is still hooked up and also check to be sure there's enough vacuum to operate the blend door (not the right name, but I can't think of it right now.)

The dash is really easy to remove and as far as the airbags go just dis connect the battery and un plug the bags. Make sure you plug in the bags before you connect the battery again. I did not have to remove the steering wheel at all to do it so just the dash airbag needs to be disconnected. Actually the frame can stay, just the plastic cover needs to come off to get to the HVAC unit. There is a valve that has an arm on it which moves the door. This arm breaks just inside the housing so you have to replace the whole housing with the door and valve.
WannaBJeepin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, the whole housing. Do you know how much that cost? I think that is probably what is wrong with mine as it semi works intermittently. This week, it would not work at all. Then all of a sudden it worked again. So I'm guessing sometimes it makes contact & sometimes not.

Tim
Winch
Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch & Pressure Plate
Custom Front & Rear Bumper's & Tire Carrier
Braided Break Lines
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
ARB's
Air System Purchased and in the works
WranglerGirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Heat not coming through dash vents. Reply with quote

I had this problem with my 2001 Wrangler and it was a simple vacuum hose near the fire wall that had come off. For anyone with this same problem, check that before you go and spend money having someone else do it. It's a skinny little hose that almost looks like it has a nipple on the end of it. crazy jeep
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: