Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Digital Camera, need help selecting one..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: OT: Digital Camera, need help selecting one.. Reply with quote

Off Topic, but what in here isn't. Actually it is a camera that can take pics of my YJ.

So long story short...the grocery supplier for the company that I work for borrowed my digital camera and it was stolen. Now they have to buy me a new one. They told me to pick one up and they'd reimburse me. They only asked that I be reasonable. $300-$400 seems reasonable to me without getting a POS or buying something that they'd be pissed at.

I've got $350 or so to spend. I like the operation and look of sony's but of course want the most for the money. MP don't matter that much, cause any camera $300 and above will have enough. The smaller the better, but at least a 2" LCD screen.

Anyone got any ideas?

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: Digital Camera, need help selecting one.. Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
Off Topic, but what in here isn't.

lolup lolup lolup
From experience, run fast from the Kodaks - we've got them at work and they're the Polaroids of digitals - a novelty but not much better than that. We also use Sonys. The A-310 is a pretty basic camera that's easy on the wallet. We also use Sony Mavicas which record directly to a disk or CD. I like those a lot better. They've come down in price, it seems like we paid about $900 about 5 years ago, but I think they're down to $300.
BTW, sucks that your was stolen. Confused
quadna71

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been leaning more to canons lately. my g/f has been using an S300 for years with no problems, my S400 has worked flawlessly for about a year and a half, and i just picked up an S500 (5.0mp) as a christmas present for her. the S500 gets the job done well. plenty big LCD, uses CF for memory (more readily available than sony's sticks - and cheaper too), combined zoom (opt/dig) of 12x, and fits in the palm of your hand. check out www.steves-digicams.com for great side by side comparisons of whatever you're looking at! oh, under $400 too Smile
chris

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony Cyber shot is an awesome camera...

Can be had for under $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48543&item=3862078503&rd=1

and here is a different one..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48543&item=3862015632&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I have one like this... Its very nice...

Ebay is a good bet for a camera.. You will get something very nice for a good price...

Good luck.

Carl[/url]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampy- the one that you have is the one I am leaning towards.
Code- the one that was stolen was an FD something- it shot to 3.5" disk.

I actually turned in a copy of an amazon invoice for the newest FD camera- which costs $300. I am going to put $120 of my own money with that and grab one of those sony cybershots like swampy has. Prob get one off the bay- but newegg has them for $415 or so.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good price.. I paid much more for mine ... But then I bought it when it first came out and you know how that is.. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy it from the guy that took this....you can prolly get it pretty cheap.

rofl rofl rofl Finger

BOT, we're eyeballing the Canon Powershot A95 ourselves.

Carry On. Mr. Green

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5150662776&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Sony Cybershot, 512 mb duo card, 32mb duo card and a case for $422. The cheapest I could find a 512 card for was $80, and the case runs $40 so I don't think I did so bad.

Back from the Dead??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: