Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine Siezed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Huckle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Engine Siezed Reply with quote

Hi,

I have 1 1993 Cherokee XJ and the engine siezed today. Any ideas on cost and if it's worth reparing?
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it depends on what the Jeep is worth to you. I mean, have you invested a lot of time and/or money into (i.e. lift, interior upgrades, etc)? And what kind of mechanical aptitude do you have? Can you swap/rebuild the engine yourself? Do you have the tools? Do you have friends that can help?
acrid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had my engine blow the #6 rod a couple years back, got a rebuilt that had 30,000 on it when i picked it up, it was a '97, but fit into the '94 harness with little trouble, i think i paid @$800 for the engine with exchange and another 100- 200 for various parts and tools.... i do know i didn't pay a dime over 1000. but did do all the work myself, so it wasn't like i had to pay for labor.... some good friends and the promise of a kegger was all it took.... ah beer--- ok i did pay 80 for labor (cost of the keg). oh ya, the engine was pressure checked and dyno'd, so i know it was in excellent shape.... super clean, and the shop i picked it up from has a good rep....

2 week downtime....

4 years later, forgot it's 05.... runnin fine..... no problems, would do it all over again if i could, but would go the stroker route...... costs more, but if you're gunna do something, do it better than what you had and make it worth your trouble....

hope that helps....

acrid.
'94 xj 4d w- '97 4.0HO 5 speed ax15 dana 30 c8.25 ar767 15's 31" bfg MT's TBS 1", 62mm TB K&N cone flwmstr exhaust. 5" homebrew 1/2 rusty's (f) 1/2 dakota packs (r) 2d shim 2" tranny drop wilderness r-rack full spare hi-jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: