Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Factory Soft Top

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAHaagCO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Factory Soft Top Reply with quote

MY factory soft top has been through hell to say the least and it is starting to show the signs of wear and tear. I would like to replace it with a soft half top but they cost a lot and im cheap. But i know i will end up getting one which is the best for the money? I am also looking into a rear tire carrier and bumper any suggestions? And seat covers aswell?
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the half tops, but that's a lot of coin for something that I would use as a seasonal at best item. When it was time to replace my soft top, I went with a Bestop Replace-a-top in the sailcloth flavor. Costs a bit more, but it's much quieter, better insulated, and less prone to fading than the original top. Don't have any experience with any other manufactures replacement tops, so I"ll just have to plug Bestop Mr. Green .
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestop also makes a tire carrier that looks pretty good. it swings out with the tailgate, so you don't have to move the tire, then open the tailgate as you would with others...

For bumpers, I wouls say a Warn bumper, unless you want one of those integrated bumper/tire-carrier/trail-rack/gerry-can deals
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestop is the only soft top I'd recommend, whether it be full soft top or a half top.

There are others out there, like California Tops, but the service just isn't there. (Do a search if you don't believe me). Rockcrusher (aka Steel Horse/Rusted Pony) is another one, but I'll warn you to stay away from anything Steel Horse sells. You will waste your money.
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestop for the softtop replacement - check out Jeepsunlimited or pirate4x4 you might be able to get a deal on one for sale already.

As for the bumper, check out Toys By Troy's rear swing out tire carrier or also Steve's Jeep Fabrication or A to Z fabrication. If I can dig up the links, Ill post them, otherwise just google them. Smile
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JAHaagCO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yet again guys
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little review I wrote about my replace-a-top - love the thing and would highly recommend one. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: