Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No reverse lights?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
95zj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: No reverse lights? Reply with quote

The reverse lights on my zj seem to work randomly and whenever they want i can figure it out theres no pattern or anything. Does anyone know where to look and what to replace to fix this problem. thanks in adavance boys rofl

ITS A JEEP THING
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine went out .. And where out for a year.. I changed my radio and they came back on... Confused

The wire must be behind the center area by the VIC but I dont know which wire I moved that made them work... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
95zj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i will look around, another thing my VIC will reset itself every once in a while well at least the clock. Would this have anything to do with it. Also what am i going to have to do should i replace it or is this a common problem. Confused

ITS A JEEP THING
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you've got an AW4 under that ZJ, but if so the Neutral Safety Switch (NSS) is a known cause of random reverse lights. A new one costs between $3 and $400. Shocked

...or you can clean the NSS yourself for about $6 and 2-3 hours on a Saturday afternoon. http://jeepin.com/features/nss/index.asp

HTH

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probobly a 42 RH or 44RH.. But anyway.. NSS is not bulletproof..
And some even have 46RH.. Mr. Green Then there is the 42RE and 44 RE and ...............AHHHHHH so many decisions.... Mr. Green

But IF your clock is resetting itself.. I bet you have loose wires behind that puppy... Give them a look...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
95zj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to look into cleaning that switch..today i took the VIC out and nothing was loose well at least the two plugs were in corectly, another thing that just started to happen yesterday is that when i turn on the lights the VIC says rear lamp failure and there is nothing wrong with them i checked everything so i am unsure if this has anything to do with it, this seems like one of those problems Sad thats when u find a nice little pair of fog lights rofl

ITS A JEEP THING
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the third brake light.. It has two bulbs if one burns out you will get the lamp failure...

As for the NSS clean it and see how it turns out...

Carl

Brad S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the info! My VIC actually just started blinking "Rear Lamp Failure" I was wondering what was wrong since my rear lights still worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: