Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the TJ didn't pass it's safty inspection

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I got the axle shafts out. Turns out it needs rear brakes too....figures. Rolling Eyes

After taking it all apart, I did get to spend 3 wonderfull hours in @*$&!#&*$ Fredericksburg traffic trying to find axle bearings & seals, grade 8 bolts (for the retaining plate) and rear shoes. Of course no one place had everything. Ended up at the last vestage of independant parts stores and they had it all...I knew I shoulda gone there first.

I'll put it all back together tommorrow. Then it should pass with flying colors....or else I'll blow it up. rofl

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, I'm glad this state did away with inspections

My Morning Jacket
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
Welp, I got the axle shafts out. Turns out it needs rear brakes too....figures. Rolling Eyes

After taking it all apart, I did get to spend 3 wonderfull hours in @*$&!#&*$ Fredericksburg traffic trying to find axle bearings & seals, grade 8 bolts (for the retaining plate) and rear shoes. Of course no one place had everything. Ended up at the last vestage of independant parts stores and they had it all...I knew I shoulda gone there first.

I'll put it all back together tommorrow. Then it should pass with flying colors....or else I'll blow it up. rofl

Glad to hear the TJ will be back on the road. Hope putting it back together was easier than getting the parts. LOL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done. New axle shaft bearings & seals, new rear brake shoes & drums as well as front & rear diff service.

Yea Keith inspections suck, but at least it failed for a valid safety issue. There was gear oil leaking all over the passenger side rear brakes. The entire inside of the drum was covered and the shoes were pretty much wasted. Oil+Brakes= Shocked

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: