Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soft Top Quick Disconnects???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Soft Top Quick Disconnects??? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this? I think it would be neat, and it could be my first write-up Mr. Green

Would this be pointless or are there people who would benifit from me taking on this project and posting about it? Confused

Thanks for any feedback!!

(I do realize that Quadratec has these, but who wants to pay $68.94, shipping included in that price, for something you could easily get by with $10 or less on?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought them from Q back when they were only around 44.95 a pair. cheaper alternatives would be nice though.
chris
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same as Chris. They're a thousand times better than the stock plastic ones - made the top much tighter and stopped the popping. If you can come up with something that would work, you'd be onto something. Wink
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then it looks like I have a prject on my hands Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas yet? I'm interested too.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one reason I went with the more expensive option is that it replaces the weak plastic units with metal ones like mentioned above. If you just want to be able to pop the hardware and top off in a snap, home brewed will work just fine, but if you want to make the top fitment tauter, the metal ones are the only way to go. If nothing else, I suspect that modding the stockers will make the top fit a tad looser as you'd be compriminsing the plastics structural integrety even further. Don't think it'd be earth shattered ear bleed kinda drastic, but I'm sure there'd be some sorta tradeoff.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
If nothing else, I suspect that modding the stockers will make the top fit a tad looser as you'd be compriminsing the plastics structural integrety even further.

It didn't on mine at all. I drilled mine out and used SS nuts and bolts. I did this as a temporary fix, and it worked so well I still have it. If or when the plastic works loose or gives up, I'll probably invest in the quick disconnects like you guys are talking about. But until then what I have works just fine, and takes about 1 minute longer to remove.
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: