Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offroad park in June/July?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Offroad park in June/July?
Yes - Paragon Aventure Park (PA)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Yes - Raucsh Creek Offroad Park (PA)
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No - I'll flex on the curb
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason I asked the question is after talking to a couple off line who have been to both, they think Paragon is a better place to wheel then Rausch. So that said, what do you guys think?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works. You know me and Sandy, we're pretty ameniable when it comes to trailing!!! Mr. Green

ylojelo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rausch Creek Reply with quote

StreetDoc wrote:
? I am working at least one day every weekend in June and July except for the weekend of the 4th of July and July 30/31. , I vote for the last weekend in July,

David

But that would be July 30/31 ???
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say, I don't really care where we wheel. As long as We WHEEL!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about this too. Both have places to stay around them, the difference being Parogon is allot more accessible from the highway, it has more to offer in the vicinity (ie Hotels, Restaurants, stores, etc) At least it seems that way from the web sites. Also, Paragon has three campgrounds listed. Rausch has a few around it and also primitive camping onsite...that means Porto-Potty's, ladies. We've got some people that will not be tent camping and I know that we won't want to be cooking dinner after a day on the trail. For our first trip I think closer to civilization would be a bonus.

As far as the trails, both have mild to wild. If some members want to go wild, get er dun, cause it ain't cheap to wheel at either place and I don't want anyone holding back because they feel we have to stay together in a big group. Ya'lls gonna pay to play you should be able to do whatever you want. If you want to F-up the Jeep, that's your perogative, it's your Jeep. I'll be there to help you put it back togther.
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to both parks and prefer PAP for the obstacles and the lower cost. The cost argument though is irrelevent for all of you coming from VA as you don't have the membership pricing discounts. PAP is closer too but that's also besides the point.

RC seemed to be a lot more mud and dirt trails, like fire roads, than nice obstacles and trails with a challenge. I'll agree with drack about the time we were out there and were more entertained finding a radio station than the wheeling we did. I've been back since that time...I still wasn't overly impressed and don't plan on going back.

The time of year your going, both parks will be packed on the weekends. I believe PAP is physically larger, so it can handle more patrons. Does RC allow ATVs in? I don't remember. This is the one thing about PAP that I don't like...the ATVs and dirt bikes...but for the most part, you don't see them often (and you could always run them over if need be). If RC doesn't allow them, that's a big plus in my book.

PAP is closer to civilization....it's right outside Hazleton. There's a large -u-pull-it parts yard if need be, along with auto parts stores in town. RC is more secluded and "hickish" if you understand what I mean (expect to hear someone playing a bango at night).

PAP offers a variety of trails from bunny slopes to triple blacks and even reds. Whatever difficultly level you want, you can find it there. The harder stuff has bypasses at PAP also.

I think you guys will have a much better time at PAP.
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rausch Creek Reply with quote

ylojelo wrote:
StreetDoc wrote:
? I am working at least one day every weekend in June and July except for the weekend of the 4th of July and July 30/31. , I vote for the last weekend in July,

David

Jay, earlier you said you could do the the last weekend in july. Will that still be ok? Or are you just wanting to go sooner?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rausch Creek Reply with quote

ylojelo wrote:
StreetDoc wrote:

David

Jay, earlier you said you could do the the last weekend in july. Will that still be ok? Or are you just wanting to go sooner?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ylojelo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, I read that twice before I posted and still thought he wrote he was woking july 4th and July 30/31. July 30/31 is good with me, at either place , thou PAP is sounding alittle better.

and maybe a spur over to cabelas
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/aboutus/retail-detail.jhtml?detailedInformationURL=..%2F..%2F..%2Fcontent%2Fcommunity%2Faboutus%2Fretail%2Fretail_stores%2Fhamburg%2Fhamburg-location.jhtml&metaTagId=hamburg-location
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it looks like we have our first date of July 30/31.

Now I think I want to change my vote for Paragon.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this in favor of this one in events.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAving been to both, I wouldnt drive over 2.5 hrs to go to RC again. Not enough there imo.

Rather prefer PAP. Lots to to for everyone, very welll laid out.

As for the cheaper part

Paragon $35 a day or $60 for the weekend
RC $25 a day, but you have to buy a member ship for like $10.

$25+25 +10 = $60
$25+10 = $35

But Ill let you do your own math.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you been foo? We already decided on PAP.

http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4082

Catch up will ya? Finger

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: