Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: info Reply with quote

2004 Sahara had to get my starter changed 11000km on it,Work fine now..!I bought the floor liner from HUSKY LINER for the salt & snow that gets in the tub , GREAT investment . PART # 31731 black 31732 gray 31733 tan. Where is the best place to mount a CB radio & what brand works well????? crazy jeep
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Thanks.

The Cobra 75 WX ST is a popular CB as all of the controls are mounted in the mic/handset. This doesn't require you to mount a large control box in the vehicle. Downfall is the speaker isn't the greatest. I have one and will add an external speaker if I ever get around to it.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric.. Where you going to mount your speaker?? I put mine in the glove compartment door and I know a guy who put his in the side of the center console.. Just wondering if you had any idea ....

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
quadna71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2 on the cobra 75wxST. easy to put it behind the dash on your tj or in the center console in front of the transfer case lever.

there's a guy on our board that has his external speaker mounted in the lee of the cage...just to the left of the driver's head and behind it. he painted it to match his interior and ran the wiring under the foam/behind the padding on the windshield (late-model tj). it looks clean and helps to hear his cobra 75. i think that's where i'll eventually put mine too.
chris
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No specific spots yet, but I'm thinking somewhere on the sport bar....perhaps between two spreaders possibly...I don't really know yet.
Mad Mike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking right on top of the rear view mirror.Anybody try that yet???
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speakers I've seen are fairly big and wouldn't fit there with my sport cage. You could probably squeeze it in there if you don't have a cage, but it would be too big and intrusize, IMO.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the Cobra 75WXST but it's too expensive for me...I can get the whole set up (antenna, mount, CB, cable) for the price of just the Cobra.

I just did a small write up in the Projects & Reviews Section here is the write-up

I mounted mine in the dash board below the steering column. It's nice and out of the way, plus it would take a long time for a thieve to get to it. Give me a couple days to get the film developed and the pics hosted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rodolo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Here is what I did. Reply with quote

This may or may not work for you depending on the center console you have. I mounted my full size Cobra behind the center console vertically. I works’ fine and is still loud. The speaker faces out to the rear.

Also find a CB Shop to tune your whole CB (peak & tune the Radio, SWR meter tune for the antenna) system for best TX and RX.

If installing on the Tire mount or Bumper get a voltmeter reading to make sure your antenna is fully grounded for best sound.

Go here to learn all you need to know:
http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm
Cool
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy i have my cb just chillin between the passenger seat and the console...its an old school one Lafyette or something my great grandfather had it he also souped it up...heard anything about that brand? and also do you have a good place to mount it better? its about medium sized
little Army guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my Cobra mounted on an overhead rack that is strapped to the driver and passenger side roll bars. On the rack is the CB, an overhead military aircraft cockpit red light and the XM keypad. The rack is actually one aluminum side for a dry erase board that I painted black. I went to Home Depot and bought 2" galvanized steel strap. The kind you use to hold the chain link fence to the upright pole with foam padding so I wouldn't scratch the paint. The external speaker is hung from the roll bar directly above the driver and passenger in a custom (backyard) box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: