Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wheelin in So Cal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudeboyrob88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Wheelin in So Cal Reply with quote

Anyone in here doing any runs in Southern California anytime soon? I am new to the area, and don't really know the spots around here. Looking to go somewhere not too difficult, but fun. Let me know if anyone is down.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't spent much time in S. CA but there are tons of places. You can go here for some of the state OHV places. Also there are many spots in the Mojave desert that are worthwhile.
rudeboyrob88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone in here ever heard of the Holy Jim Canyon Trail? I think it goes up around saddleback. I heard the trail is pretty fun, and relatively easy, and you can ride all the way up to the top weather station. If anyone has any experiences on this trail, let me know how it was. thanks. Very Happy
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in Cleveland National Forest? I did a quick search and everything I saw said it was a mountain bike/hiking trail. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/trails/holyjim.shtml
rudeboyrob88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CodeTJ,

Thanks for the link, I have been finding similar stuff. But some of my friends who are much more familar with the territory say that there is a 4x4 trail (too bad none of them have trucks anymore), and thats also where the guys at 4-wheel parts told me to go when I asked them where the nearest legal place to fooll around was. Just want toknow if anyone has done it.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe give the forest HQ a call (858-673-6180) - I haven't checked recently but I know last summer there were still a lot of closures from the fires. Either way, they should be able to give you a straight answer. Wink
scubatch2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin in So Cal Reply with quote

rudeboyrob88 wrote:
Anyone in here doing any runs in Southern California anytime soon? I am new to the area, and don't really know the spots around here. Looking to go somewhere not too difficult, but fun. Let me know if anyone is down.

Hey, good to see some more So Cal.people.If you want to do some wheelin check out www.myjeeprocks.com , it is mostly So Cal people. We get together at least 1 or 2 times a month for runs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: