Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last TIme..ill ask....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeepTJKID

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Last TIme..ill ask.... Reply with quote

Alrite....ive come up with a solution but dont know if its a good one!

I want to have a higher stance with my jeep. More clearence more articulation you know what i mean.
Ive come up with a plan to get a 1" BL and a rubicon express 2.5 inch lift.
But i would prolly get the lift first then the body lift.
My 97 tj has the stock tires wrangler gsa or something like that would those tires still look good with a 2.5 lift? Also what size tires could i get with the 3.5 inches of lift i would have when i get the BL?

Also i was looking at the LOD heavy duty front bumpers would those rust because ive heard of warn bumpers rusting due to the powder coating and the road salt?
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size are your stockers? either way, the stock tires will look alright under a 2.5" lift....if you want it to look like they belong, then you might want 31's

with thw 3.5, you could fit 33's, but they'd most likely rub at full articulation, but then you're getting a body lift, so you'd be fine.

HTH,
Stevo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tx Outlaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo02TJ wrote:
What size are your stockers? either way, the stock tires will look alright under a 2.5" lift....if you want it to look like they belong, then you might want 31's

with thw 3.5, you could fit 33's, but they'd most likely rub at full articulation, but then you're getting a body lift, so you'd be fine.

HTH,
Stevo

I believe he meant a total of 3.5" of lift (2.5" susp + 1" body), but not sure. I'd go with either some 31's or 32's. Either should be fine with the set-up you're considering.

I have no idea about the bumpers you're looking at.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Last TIme..ill ask.... Reply with quote

JeepTJKID wrote:
Also what size tires could i get with the 3.5 inches of lift i would have when i get the BL?

Looked like he was maybe going to do a 3.5" lift with a 1" BL....my bad Embarassed

I get it now tho thumbs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could run 33's easily. You will get more than 2" out of the rubicon express lift and add the 1" body lift, you'll be fine. With all of that your tires will look a little small, but it's still ok to run small tires with a lift, it just looks wierd.

My Morning Jacket
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not go 3 or 4 inch suspension lift?i personally dont like body lifts...they create more problems than they are worth...i know a guy who has a body lift and his jeep is 5 speed so his shifter was shortend inside the cab and when you put it in a gear and the body shifts it hits the shifter adn takes it outta gear...

just my opinion
JeepTJKID

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thnks for all the great info...but today after long though i think im going to go with a black diamond 3" lift and not a body lift. If i ever need more room though i know i can get a body lift. The stock tires are i think 31s or maybe 30s by 9.5. Are there any 32 inch tires that would fit the stock rims. Im very confused with how the tires are measured and what rims they will fit on and such. With a 3 inch lift what all do i need to have that doesn't come in the kit it says it comes with a transfer lowering bracket and the quick disconnects and such but will i need brake line extenders and drop pitmon arm or nething else?
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kit should come with everything you need thumbs DPA (Drop Pitman Arm), Track Bar Relocation Bracket, Extended Bump Stops, the whole deal.

The Black Diamond Suspension is a good one, and like you said, you can always install an extra 1"BL without breaking the bank when you get a little more serious and daring. I wouldn't buy the Black Diamond disconnects. I'd advise you to save your money for these They are the new ones from JKS and they are a little more expensive, but worth it. Wink

Brake lines should be fine with your lift, a lot of people recomend them, but they aren't needed. I have a 4" lift and I'm running stock brake lines.

(BTW...if anyone knows of another website with a cheaper price, post it)
JeepTJKID

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrite, thnks for the info but i still need more info on tires for this lift and all, we have a lot of mud and if its not mud its dusty dirt not that many rocks here but u can incounter them...i want some tires and rims that wont drain my bank account.
Also will the 3 inch lift look ok with the stock tires for a while?
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeepTJKID wrote:
Alrite, thnks for the info but i still need more info on tires for this lift and all, we have a lot of mud and if its not mud its dusty dirt not that many rocks here but u can incounter them...i want some tires and rims that wont drain my bank account.
Also will the 3 inch lift look ok with the stock tires for a while?

Had to ride around in zilla for a while with stock, so your not alone. As far as rims and tires look around probally get a set used like I did cheap. Hell the first set I bought used for $200 for all 4 31s, guy wanted 33s, If not you can pic some black steel rims for around 30 each and hell my Dakota ATs from Pep Boys where only $99 a piece for 33s Mr. Green
JeepTJKID

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrite thanks for the info..now i just have to save up. Now what are the sizes of the rims i have to buy to fit the 32 inch wheels or 31 inch wheel?

Ne good cheap brands for tires and rims?
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not the 31 or 32 its the 31x?? or 32x?? width of the tire. 15x7 is perfect for airing down for like a 31x10.50r15. I have 15x8 for my 33x12.50r15 so depends on the width you choose.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with a 15x8 rim. When aired down, it will hold the bead on 10.5" to 12.5" tires nicely and the tires won't "float" the Jeep around on the highway too badly.

Here's a shot of an OME 2.5" lift with stock 30's on it.

And then a shot of the same lift with 32's

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JeepTJKID

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the biggest size tire i can fit with the stock suspension? And what is the right size tire that would fit and look good with a 2.5 inch or 3" suspension?
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31" for stock

32" for anything less that 4" SL
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: