Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sport???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Sport??? Reply with quote

Are all cherokee sports 2 doors, my friend told me that any car that has sport in it is a 2 door. Is he right.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves correctly, he is wrong, I know a guy on this board with a yellow XJ Sport that's 4-door thumbs (his name is ylojelo) (look at the pic of his jeep here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sport??? Reply with quote

drewguere wrote:
Are all cherokee sports 2 doors, my friend told me that any car that has sport in it is a 2 door. Is he right.

That is incorrect. The "Sport" label is nothing more than a package for the vehicle, like what kind of trim, wheels, etc..., that are for 2- and 4-doors alike.

drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I thought.

Another question, can vehicles have ebrakes on the front tires, because he said they cant but my friend left his ebrake on in his truck, and the back tires would spin and he wouldn't go anywhere.

He also said his dads new silverado has 17 inch TIRES, I was like my sisters car has 17 in tires. Your mean WHEELS. No, dude, trust me, im in auto tech.

He thinks because he is taking auto tech at the vocational center he knows everything about cars but he doesn't.

And he got a $599 speeding ticket, just to prove that he is an idiot. Finger

Sorry, that was my only rant for the day, but I do want to know about the ebrake thing tho
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to a drag track....watch all of the vehicles do burn outs...especially the ones with manual trannies and RWD thumbs

Hopefully that'll answer your question of e-brakes, lol

I think it also depends on the drivetrain, FWD, RWD, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I figured, because my friends really seemed like it was in the front, and it was a rear wheel drive.

And my sisters car is front wheel and it has the ebrake on the back...fun fun fun... Very Happy
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never pulled the e-brake, mainly because I drove a 65 mustang and it was up under the dash, not a lever (like on newer cars and Jeeps), almost like a manual choke with a longer handle.....

So that was a no go....and with a Jeep, you just don't pull it High COG and huge tires, no good

But I have seen "how-to" clips on thost SpikeTV shows, etc. on a proper burn out at the strip Very Happy
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebrake brakes the rear tires front wheel drive or rear wheel drive...if you wanna do burnouts like the drag cars get a line lock...it locks the brakes on the front tires when you flip the switch ease on the gas when they spin more go pedal and then when your happy just turn off the line lock switch
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't want to do burn outs.....I was just saying thumbs
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd we go from the Sport trim package...to doing burnouts at dragstrips using line locks? ???

Speaking of locks...I'm locking this one. The original question is answered and this thread is obvioulsy waaaay offtopic. PM me with any issues.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: