Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

31's, 2's, or 3's on my '01 TJ Sport?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
Orng Beep, you officially bring the suck at quoting.

Which in steve talk means .... hello and welcome to JH, please let me inform you the proper way to quote...

Finger
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
Orng Beep, you officially bring the suck at quoting.

OK. everybody has to be a newbie once. I'll get the hang of it eventually. And what does being a good "quoter" have to do w/ the size of mud tires anyway?

Aside from the technical issues, the new Jeep had it's initiation into the fraternity of stuckhood tonight. Sure wish I had my new tires. The little stocko pizza cutters couldn't quite cut the crust in the snow base. My dad offered to pull me out with my mom's Dakota. That would have hurt my pride and ego. Then he realized that he couldn't get close enough to me. I don't know what he was thinking. I got there in a jeep. Of course he couldn't get to me! too funny 30 mins w/ a shovel, and we were back in action. It all started w/ a nice leisure family ride around the back 40. Then my wife mentioned something about not being able to make it through that much snow and not wanting to walk back. Well, what she said and what i heard were 2 different things.

One feeling I really don't like is wondering if I could'a! Very Happy

Oh ya. Thanks for the welcome, how ever you chose to say it! bowdown JH is awesome!
ravensfan75

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: 33's Reply with quote

beep..i am in the same boat with my Rubi..

You may want to consider spacers by companies like Spidertrax. They add up to 2" of offset using your stock wheels.

I have been riding on them for about 8 months and they perform well. I have done some medium grade wheeling and they have held up fine.

might be an option for you..
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ravensfan75. I have new tires and rims already. I ended up w/ some black steelies from Quadratec w/ 4" of bs and some 33X12.50 Truxus Mts and a 2" bb from a company on e-bay that I will never do business w/ again. All in all, we have been having a riot. We went wheelin last weekend. I was amazed w/ the tires. I played on rocks, logs, sand, mud, and even climbed an old ski hill. The best part is I mounted the tires my self. I spent $2 on valve stems and $15 for balancing and saved $65.

My next mechanical adventure is a toss up between another lift or a winch. Both of which I feel are important. Winch probably morso, but man it would look good 3-4" higher! Very Happy
AggieDog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do alot of wheeling by yourself, then I definately would get a winch first. If you go with others, then a tow rope and another jeep to give you a yank works great.

I just put a winch on mine because I can see me off doing some dumb things on my own.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should NEVER wheel alone.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:

I agree 100%!!!!
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:

There are 2 ways to gain wisdom. From mistakes and mentors. I definately learned this lesson the hard way. I wish I could find the pictures of that old CJ to show you. I learned many lessons that day. There is nothing like pulling yourself out w/ a come-a-long, a skinny tree, and a 2" strap. When your 16, it's all about the chase!

And for my next upgrade, I think I have changed my mind. After much deliberation and excessive wheelin at Jeep camp last weekend, I came up with two words. LOCK ER! I thought Rubicon was the word until my life savings flashed before my eyes Shocked .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: