Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need pics of YOUR aftermarket front/rear bumpers

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Need pics of YOUR aftermarket front/rear bumpers Reply with quote

Having second thoughts about toys by troy, just don't feel like I'd be getting my moula's worth... Could you please show off your bumpers and say who they are from, so I can figure out what the heck I wanna do??

All help is appreciated!
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeperman single hoop Very Happy

I guess I could have said "look at my sig" Shocked

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rokmen bumper w/custom front receiver for camping gear and surf fishing gear (click the pic for linky to more detailed shots of it before painting..welds and such)

jeeperman bumper with swing-out tire carrier. (click the pic for a much larger/detailed shot of it)

ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my Jeeperman also. Looks identical to Chris's...but mine's cooler...b/c it's mine. Don't ask questions...just nod your head and say yes...it is cooler.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&start=1&id=4287997439

I'd actually put the pics in here, but Imagestation throws a curveball and makes it difficult.

The Jeeperman is the best value in bumper/tire carriers on the market. Nowhere else can you get all the nice features the Jeeperman has, but such a low price. Hi-lift mount, CB antenna mount, large strong hinge, easy one-handed latch, tow points welded through both sides of the bumper, and receiver hitch. Not to mention it is totally sealed if you would want to plumb the bumper as an air tank.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep your bumper pics coming as this could be a good source of a wide range of bumpers! Todd, Chris, and Erik, thanks for the help! I'm really leaning towards a Rokmen front and Jeeperman rear, but I'm curious what I'm missing. The problem with bumpers (at least in the rear) is that they are so expensive that I don't want to wish I bought something else!!
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black2001TJ wrote:
...I don't want to wish I bought something else!!

If you go with the Jeeperman, you won't feel this way.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust that Erik from everything I've heard, but they have a new line coming out, which means 2 things to me, 1) This new line could be worth the wait as it could be incredible and the same price or something, or 2) it could mean that I still like the old one better and if my timing is right, I could get a nice discount if they try to push the old stuff out..
mitchss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been very pleased with my Warn bumpers I bought from Bob Supplee. Sorry no pic of the rear yet.

2003 Red TJ X, auto, 3" OME lift, Warn Rock Crawler front & rear w/ tire carrier, Warn X8000i winch, 16" MT Classics w/ 33" MT/R's, RB1 NAV Radio, Alpine R series speakers, Whelen 100W siren, Whelen Talon dual LED red/blue
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I am about to build..

Gonna get started on it this weekend...

Wish me luck..

I know Its not a TJ but I like to jump into everyones conversations...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black2001TJ wrote:
I trust that Erik from everything I've heard, but they have a new line coming out, which means 2 things to me, 1) This new line could be worth the wait as it could be incredible and the same price or something, or 2) it could mean that I still like the old one better and if my timing is right, I could get a nice discount if they try to push the old stuff out..

If you mean Raingler; there will be 3 new Jeeperman front bumpers out by summer, the current two will continue and there will be 3 front bumpers of the new line. (New for us, the line has been around 20 years actually) And honestly, they will be priced higher than Jeeperman, as they are much more complicated to build unit. The Jeeperman is all function and feature for the lowest price that includes a winch mount as with all front bumpers. Here are some very cool bumpers in my book too:
Pic 1: Full Width Rubicon series w/ PreRunner upper hoop option.

Pic 2: Rubicon Shorty with Body Rockers shown

Pic 3 Rubicon Shorty (asame as above)

Pic 4: Rubicon Full width w/o pre-runner upper hoop option

Pic 4: Sierra Shorty (look very much like the Currie's Wink but w/ winch plate built in

So; what do you folks like?
BlueJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my Warn rear bumper with tire carrier:

A few more images are here: http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/albuo94

It's just as good as the Jeeperman bumper except:
No shackle mounts
No CB antenna mount
No frame tie-in
No High-Lift mount
Smaller hinge

Confused I want a Jeeperman!
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some great bumpers, thanks guys!! I like 1 and 4, 007, but I'd need to see more of 1!

Here's the Toys by Troy ones I like as well.. Too many freaking choices already!

WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I finally chose the Jeeperman front and rear w/carrier my options had been narrowed down to theirs, TBT and Garvin Wilderness. I wish I had kept the emails back that I received on the different ones. The basic jist of those was that not one complaint or concern at all with Jeeperman. All praise. Same with TBT front bumper. A few negative coments about TBT's rear carrier. I guess the hinge could be a little heavier and the word "sag" was used by one. A few with the Wilderness mentioned that they rattle a bit. To me rattles mean loose, and loose means wear. No complaints about the Wilderness front bumper.

My other approach towards my purchase was "simplicity" of the designs or a "less is more" zen sort of dealee Laugh I looked at Warn also. I like the simple look of it. With the front, Jeeperman won hands down. Practically everything you need in a bumper without over-engineering it. Its simple and its all in one neat package.

Delivered to my door it cost $334.76 for the black powdercoated 46" single hoop with built in winch and fairlead plates and plenty of places built in for mounting lights and highlift and 2 3/4" d-ring shackle mounts welded both front and back. All in a clean 1 peice design.

The TBT bumper w/winch plate and light mounts would go for $551.00 and delivery charges still to be added. Same for Warn, add all the parts and the price is $448 before delivery charges.

HTH
Todd

SirGCal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What brand are those SirGCal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: