Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2" Budget Boost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
badtj05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: 2" Budget Boost Reply with quote

Just replaced stock rims/tires on my 05 tj with some 16x8 American Racing black teflon coated mojave rims (really nice) and 31" firestone destination mts. Everyone says 31s will fit a stock fine, and they do. I'd like to have more clearance for when I'm off road, there's like 5" between the fender and tire. No rub yet, but I'd expect it on the trails. Was looking at a 2" RE budget boost on ebay, then found another package that had 2" coil spacers, extended bump stops and extender brackets instead of longer shocks. Is this advisable? How does everyone like the RE shocks, I read another thread on these and saw that the OME are pretty highly regarded. Also if I go with a 2" SL, any effects on A/C or the radiator? I know there are with a BL, just not sure about an SL. Thanks.
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's SL?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is SL a suspension lift? as vs. a BB?

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. I thought it was a typo at first and meant BL...but then he used BL shortly thereafter.

To answer the question then...now that I understand...you only need to mess with the A/C and radiator when you change the relationship of the body and chassis. One example is by doing a BL. A suspension lift or BB, in and of itself, does not change the relationship between the chassis and the body.
badtj05

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, sorry about the confusion. SL was for Suspension lift and BL was body lift. Well anyways, I'm figuring on going with the RE BB (budget boost), just wanted to get an opinion from some people with firsthand experience.
TJgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the RE bugdet boost is good, spacers for the springs, longer shocks, quick disconects, for a 2inch boost
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with your question, but do you have any pics of your TJ with the Mojave's on it? Saw them on their website and just curious what they look like on a TJ.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not go 3 inch lift?
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2" Budget Boost Reply with quote

badtj05 wrote:
Was looking at a 2" RE budget boost on ebay, then found another package that had 2" coil spacers.

Just like to add my two cents if I may. Beware of the no name package deals on e-bay. I recently purchased a 2" BB from a small time so called manufacturing company. They used instalation destructions from a big name company. They claimed to have the same product. Their parts and destructions didn't match. Very poor customer service. It was an all around bad deal. I did make the BB work. But, with hindsite being 20/20 and only having basic mechanical skills, I should have paid an extra $20 and saved a couple of hours and the use of many choice words.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badtj05 wrote:
Yea, sorry about the confusion. SL was for Suspension lift and BL was body lift. Well anyways, I'm figuring on going with the RE BB (budget boost), just wanted to get an opinion from some people with firsthand experience.

I put my RE-BB in last December. It isn't bad...but I got mine with the DT 3000 shocks instead of the RE shocks. I had heard (seen posted) that many liked the DT shocks, and that the RE shocks rode rough. Well, I can tell you first hand the DT's ride much stiffer than stock. No doubt about it. I had heard it said the ride is "sportier"...which indeed describes it well IMO. By the way, I had to lower the TC as I had vibes. Probably should have done a MML instead, but it's only 1/4-1/2" lower. Not alot. I hear some need to do it, some don't. My TJ has the D44 rear, which I hear commonly needs lowering with the RE-BB.

In a nut shell, the RE-BB is a good value, or at least it has been for me. I don't mind the stiffer ride most of the time...especially off road as things respond quicker...or so it would seem. I'll probably end up going to at least a 3.5" or 4.5" RE kit soon though. Last time out I kept dragging the rear diff with 31's. That was a drag. pissed Probably go 33's.

Wink
badtj05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goin' 2" cuz it's the most bang for your buck. I'm also probably goin with the DT3000 s as opposed to the RE's, found a good deal on a fairly new set. I'd probably prefer the stiffer ride, so if that's the case, good.

'drack wrote:
Nothing to do with your question, but do you have any pics of your TJ with the Mojave's on it? Saw them on their website and just curious what they look like on a TJ.

I should have a pic up of the rims sometime soon, internet at home is slow as hell, and I can't upload/download anything at work, computer nazi's here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: