Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YJ that just won't start!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
workforbiscuits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: YJ that just won't start! Reply with quote

I have a 93' Wrangler that is my one and only baby. The problem I'm having is that it won't start unless I spray starter fluid in the intake. Once I do this it will run perfectly and never die. I can turn the Jeep off and try to turn it back on instantly and it still won't start. Just turn over and over. I've been trying to figure out this problem for a while. I changed the coolant temperature sensor, but that didn't do anything. I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on, but it still could be weak pressure I don't know. All I can think of is that it could be the ECU or the fuel pump. Does anybody have any idea or any suggestions. Thanks!
shotgun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens if you pout a little atf in the throttle body. Just enough to coat each cylinder?

I have the problem everytime my baby sets more than a weekend. It's either smoke up some atf or pull start her. My thought is that the atf will do the same thing as the starter fluid. If this is the case you likely have very low compression and the air/fuel mix is bypassing the rings.
workforbiscuits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll run a compression check. And see what that says.
thermal event

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you have injector pulse while cranking. its a diffrent program the computer uses at cranking rpm. you use a noid light that plugs in the wiring harness at the injector. it will flash each time the injector is fired. don't use a test light, wrong resistance. you could have a bad cam or crank sensor.
plinc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: 95 XJ wrangler won't start Reply with quote

Having a major problem . Have replaced the crank position sensor, pick up plate,plugs rotor and distributor cap. Getting spark from the coil. But,the spark appears to be a little week at the plugs. Staring to look at the PCM. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Very Very frustrated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: