Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did some work to Godzilla today!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Did some work to Godzilla today!!! Reply with quote

I finally got my new Ribicon Express Gen II Discos installed Mr. Green

What it looks like now connected

looks so good against the new Rubicon Express 4.5" coils Mr. Green

Now Disconnected

Edit: These things are awesome!!
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Did some work to Godzilla today!!! Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Edit: These things are awesome!!

Aren't they? I love mine too. good mod

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does Kristy Mr. Green
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that they are a better end product of the older style just in the fact that they store your anti-swaybar up and out of the way. but why is that the upper mounts appears to be more complicated than necessary? just curious - but a great upgrade nonetheless!!!
chris
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This leads me to the next question....

"When do I get your old one's?" rofl
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
This leads me to the next question....

"When do I get your old one's?" rofl

I hope soon so I can get a hitch installed and a D ring Mr. Green
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:
i agree that they are a better end product of the older style just in the fact that they store your anti-swaybar up and out of the way. but why is that the upper mounts appears to be more complicated than necessary? just curious - but a great upgrade nonetheless!!!
chris

The upper mount is pretty much the same thing as the lower one. It's more complicated to install since you have to drill a hole for it...but once it's in, disconnecting and holding the sway bar up is a snap. On our last trail ride it took me less than a minute to disconnect both sides AND store the whole assembly on the upper pins. Less time at the trail head means more time on the trails. thumbs

BTW - I love the new avatar Chris. rofl

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, whatever works! i'll look closer at them the first time i see them on someone's jeep. i like my jks ones...but am open to new methods of unhooking the bar. it just seemed a little "busy" for the top of the link. i'm used to seeing the hoop over the bar in the jks ones or the simple ends of the older style RE disconnects that i have on Erica's tj. either way - it's nice to see a style of disco that stores them for an xj - all too often the xj's seem to be neglicted in that respect!
chris

p.s. it's an old avitar that i've been running on JF for years...she told me to throw it on all my boards Smile "it's okay....i'm the limo driver!"
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what your saying, but it looks more complicated than it really is. The disco needs to be able to swing 360 degrees so it can store properly. To accomplish that they used block of metal that bolts to the bar and the link goes on the side via a heim joint. Das eet.

I've got more pictures at home...closeups and such. I guess I should finally do the writeup on them I said I was going to huh? rofl

Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: