Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'97 GC Front Bumper Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derfhwt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: '97 GC Front Bumper Question Reply with quote

First off just like to say hello to everyone. I just began driving a 97 GC 4.7? (not sure) Limited while my Talon awaits a rebuild. Didn't have any intention of offroading until my friends managed to get their Ranger stuck on a local atv trail.I rather enjoyed going to pull them out so i began frequenting the trail afterwards pushing further up the trail each time. Well I really managed to screw the pooch on my last trip up the trail. Tore up the front bumper terribly(pieces of it are missing), destroyed the area under the doors, knocked the rear bumper loose, and possibly somehow broke the seal between the x-fer case and driveshaft( I know, I know i'm and idiot). What my main question is will a '99 bumper fit on my '97?(they have them on ebay cheap) Also what are my other cheap options for the front bumper OEM or Aftermarket? Finally, what can be done to cover up the under door area? (I can't be the only jerk who does this so their has to be options)
'92 Talon Tsi AWD (not stock but awaiting transplant and FP3065)
'91 Eclipse GS-t (stock)
'95 Eclipse GS (loud and slow awaiting clutch)
'97 Exploder XLT (yea I know, its a Ford)
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off... You have a 5.2 (assuming you have a vCool if you have a Straight 6 you have a 4.0...

Secondly.. T-Case seals are very easy to change and cost about $5 at Autozone...

And No 99 bumper will not fit.. However.. If you give me a few minutes I will pull up a link for a brand new factory replacement bumper.. When I bought one a few years back it cost me $67...

Be Right back...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... Once again.. I will give you a list... Very Happy

First.. Update your sig.. If I dont know where you live I cant tell you where the closest place to you is...

Second.. Go to this site...Certi-fit
They have what you want.. IF their price is over $75 let me know I will look again...

Find the closest shop to you.. The part number you want to ask about is....JPGC23--

the final two numbers are a suffix that determine style.. Either Laredo with or without fog lights or ORVIS , Limited blah blah..

Here is the part number list right from their catalog...

Bumper Cover, front (96-9Cool Laredo model without fog lamps
JPGC23D0
Bumper Cover, front (96-9Cool Laredo model with fog lamp
JPGC23E0
Bumper Cover, front (96-9Cool Limited, Orvis, TSi model with fog lamp
JPGC23F0

Let us know how much it turns out to be...
And dont sweat it.. I ripped off my bumper on my very first wheeling trip.. Mr. Green

Hahahahah.... I was looking thru some old pics to find that and I found this...

Look at that flex.. Shocked

This is my flex now...

Boy this poor Jeep has come a long way... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... Once again.. I will give you a list... Very Happy

First.. Update your sig.. If I dont know where you live I cant tell you where the closest place to you is...

Second.. Go to this site...Certi-fit
They have what you want.. IF their price is over $75 let me know I will look again...

Find the closest shop to you.. The part number you want to ask about is....JPGC23--

the final two numbers are a suffix that determine style.. Either Laredo with or without fog lights or ORVIS , Limited blah blah..

Here is the part number list right from their catalog...

Bumper Cover, front (96-9Cool Laredo model without fog lamps
JPGC23D0
Bumper Cover, front (96-9Cool Laredo model with fog lamp
JPGC23E0
Bumper Cover, front (96-9Cool Limited, Orvis, TSi model with fog lamp
JPGC23F0

Let us know how much it turns out to be...
And dont sweat it.. I ripped off my bumper on my very first wheeling trip.. Mr. Green

Hahahahah.... I was looking thru some old pics to find that and I found this...

Look at that flex.. Shocked

This is my flex now...

Boy this poor Jeep has come a long way... Mr. Green

derfhwt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewwwww a 6 cylinder who would want that! Razz No I def have the 5.2 then. I found a correct bumper on ebay for under 70 bux($45 shipping however) but I still want to look at off-road options (cheap). I'm getting ready to dump ALL of my money( by that I mean all my $ plus more that I don't have) into the Talon, so if I went w/an off road bumper it would have to be cheap (used maybe?). Also what can be done about the area under the doors cause I beat the piss outta dem thangs'! Thanks for the advice so far.
'92 Talon Tsi AWD (not stock but awaiting transplant and FP3065)
'91 Eclipse GS-t (stock)
'95 Eclipse GS (loud and slow awaiting clutch)
'97 Exploder XLT (yea I know, its a Ford)
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sliders are the first thing you need...

http://kevinsjeepparts.com/zj/zj_sliderz_1.html

Good luck finding a cheap bumper.. It will be much more cost effective to trim your bumper up away from the tires to give yourself more clearance..

Bumpers for these things are pretty expensive..

Here is how I trimmed my bumper.. Notice its cut back for more tire clearance and cut up for better ground clearance...

The 5.2 is a very strong motor by the way.. It has been in production since 67 and has tons of aftermarket support... (Its a dodge 318 in case you didnt know.)

Carl

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: