Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stock Stereo Troubles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewguere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Stock Stereo Troubles Reply with quote

I have a 98 XJ with a stock CD/Cassette/Radio

The CD Player will only read actual CD's, not burnt ones, thats not really a big deal but if there is a cheap I would like to know.

The real problem is that the radio picks up no stations, I can push scan and it will go around and around and around...It will never stop on a station, I dont really know what the problem is but I really want it fixed
drewguere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone...
quadna71

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't want to sound belittling.....but did you check in back of it to see if the antenna was disconnected? if so, how about chasing down the antenna to see if it was unhooked anywhere else?
chris
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be my guess...but if you want to read burnt cds get an aftermarket cd player....it will sound better than the one you have unless yours is the infinity system
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 97 stock radio did the same thing. It wouldn't pick up any radio stations, I bought a cheap cd player instead and I am very happy with it.

My Morning Jacket
drewguere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking into this...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IjlZji0PoHs/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=205350&id=essential_info&i=500CDA9820

But will need to wait for some money to come my way.

I haven't checked anything about the antenna, I dont have a clue in the world about electric stuff, so I haven't messed with it, I will take a peek this weekend.
Jeep'n'John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ran into alot of stock decks that wont read burnt CDS... when you burn your cd make sure your making an audio CD, NOT an MP cd. Cause they wont read MP's. But more times than not those factory stereos have a hard time reading CDR's....ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO BUY A "REAL" DECK!!!

With your antenne, like they said, chase down the coax cable from out of your stereo to the antenne base. if it all appears intact, unscrew your antenne... alot of times water will get in there and rust between the threads on the antenne and the threads on the base... BE REAL CAREFUL though....If that happens you can twist the antenne right off the base then your really screwed... If you can get the antenne off the base and its rusty use a wire brush and get that crap clean off... it should work then.

One more thing, if you get a new deck make sure to get a dash kit...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: