Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on how to completely knacker my v/c please????

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbv8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Advice on how to completely knacker my v/c please???? Reply with quote

Yes i know the title is pretty insane but it is like this i have only had my 97 ZJabout 3wekks now it is still under warrany and well i have had nothing but problems from day one. The car is due back into the garage for several repairs and fixes which i have previously mentioned. I suspected the v/c unit was slipping having read several posts and having had some advice from several members thanks lads thumbs I even had a Chrysler mechanic test it which i think looking back he was none the wiser ??? I have mentioned the fault to the garage from where i bought it and his answer was all 4x4s do that it's the design Confused I said so if it scruffs and crabs and jerks when i'm on full lock trying to park or whatever that is right and he said yes very normal Shocked i think my only option is if the v/c completely fails i might get something done.Other than that i am waiting for the warranty to run out and then the v/c goes please help as this garage owner is being a complete a-hole if you ask me pull hair If anyone can give me some of your very very much appreciated advice on what to do i would be very grateful you can send me a private message if you prefer come on swampy Carl give us your valued opinion on this problem bowdown
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the warranty only honored through this one particular mechanic or can you take it elsewhere?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto...

And if that idiot thinks its normal to jerk and jump when you are turning ...

Walk over to his toolbox and grab a 19mm Deep well socket.. Put it on a ratchet and hit him in his stupid head...

Finger

It is absolutly not normal.. And if it is locking up and jerking at full lock then its already trashed... IT really doesnt do anything else... It just starts locking when it shouldnt... And it will last forever like that...

Sorry >. I know thats not the answer you where looking for but thats it..

Now if you want to trash the T case.. That is simple.. drain all of the fluid..

Put it in 4 low and drive it around for about 5 or 10 minutes at about 15 mph.... That should just about do it.... Mr. Green

Make sure you fill it back up before you take it in for service.. (Use the old fluid so it doesnt look all clean and new... Twisted Evil

That will certainly kill it and you will get a new T case out of that one....

Honestly the first thing I would do is go back to Chrysler and get the mechanic (or someone to ride with you and feel it locking up...) Then get them to write a letter or make a call or whatever ... To the warranty guy and tell him it is toasted..

If that doesnt work.. Do like I said.. But you will want to call and complain somewhere along the way...

Like call and say... "This transfer case is getting worse it feels like I am riding a horse..." Then call back and say... "I really dont think its supposed to feel like this ... If I wanted to ride like this I would have bought a Vauxhall Frontera."
(For those of you who havent been to england...It looks like an Amigo.)

Then Drain the oil and drive that baby to death...

That should do it... rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cbv8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thumbs ,
The warranty is honored by him only i think as he is a small business ie him and his brother. As far as the 19mm socket option goes i think i'll leave that and resort to the drain drive and destroy method. I don't really fancy doing time with a hairy omo in a 10foot cell Shocked If i do as you say the ddd method will i lose complete drive as i don't want to go too far if you see what i mean Twisted Evil Hopefully my next message to the forum will be a happy one and all is repaired or replaced i don't think i'll ask him to fit a 242 pushing it a bit eh too funny Thanks again for the rapid replies and advice on my many problems bowdown
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely running it dry will destroy the planetary set first which should just loose front ....Then you will have rear to get you to the shop.. But I wouldnt be totally surprised if the chain breaks as well ... Which will give you very minimal driving time... Before the chain gets wrapped around something...

But you will definatly get a new case.. Mr. Green

OH yeah... When you refill it rub some dirt and oil on it so it doesnt look like you had the plug out... Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cbv8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lads,
Well my J.G.C has gone in for repairs today but have to admit i bottled it ie i could not go through with the d.d.d i must be getting soft in me old age Embarassed I am waiting to see if they have fixed all the other minor but irritating faults that have developed in my 4 weeks of ownership first. If not i think i might be in just the right mood to f**k-the v/c up good and proper with the previous suggeted method Twisted Evil Can i just add to my fault list the latest problem to develop was the elec aerial which decided to not retract not major fault but very irritating. It was working fine when i bought the car but now it just clicks when i turn radio on and off i think it's not under warranty so i may need some advice yet again bowdown
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Mr. Green

Chicken.... rofl

cbv8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know cluck! cluck! but i forgot to say i have read the warranty over and over and it says and i quote. Exclusions: the effects of overheating,whether caused by an included part or not what the hell does that mean does it cover overheating of parts or not???. The way it is going if i am not covered under the warranty i will probably bite the bullit and find a 242 t/c and fit it myself. Am i right in saying this will be a straight swap i have read many of your posts Carl and you seem to be the god of all things Jeep bowdown So come on oh great one please give me your advice on a step by step how to do and all the bits i need bearing in mind i am very unfamiliar with the jeep mechanicals at the moment Confused I hope to rectify that after iv'e cut me knuckles a few times on the beast Smile have only worked on Rangies and Rovers and never on t/boxes as have never had to. The Rovers i have worked on include SD1s P5Bs P6Bs and were all V8s of course Very Happy I still own a 1972 Rover P6B Estate a rare beast of only 140 made and 1 of only 40 left i think. I have chucked in a 3.9 V8 injected engine ported +headers etc in and a ZF four speed box and is pretty fast for a hearse as the missus calls it Shocked Sorry for boring the pants off you ie going off the subject of jeeps a bit and talking Rovers. I was giving you an insight of what other passions i have and what i'm capable of so now you know what your up against Embarassed

Last edited by cbv8 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
copey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Chaz...where did you buy it from....Goodalls..agent..private..sorry to hear you are having so much sh*t from it,touch wood mine is still bootifull..
copey.. Very Happy
cbv8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan thumbs ,
I bought it from Hulls motor centre stratford road hall green i must admit i did get a good p/x against my old Rangie so the Jeep cost me 3900 that's what swung it. I have just got it back this morning all the bits have been done except the ariel not covered by the warranty well it was worth a try Crying or Very sad I did send you another p/m don't know if you have read it anyway it still stands if your around my neck of the woods give us a shout and we'll compare J.G.C's. It's going in for lpg conversion in the morning over Earlswood will let you know how it goes looks i am keeping it for the near future who knows i might even get to sort all the problems pull hair My main concern at the moment is the v/c as you may of in my previous posts i just need some advice on how to do the swap if i can't get it done under the warranty which i doubt very much Evil or Very Mad Anyway keep in touch i don't think there are many of use over this side of the water with Jeeps well on the forum that is or am i wrong come on speak up ???
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask and you shall recieve...
http://jeephorizons.com/tech/tcase.html

Mr. Green Mr. Green

copey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered a pm not so long ago...you no getty ..? Very Happy
cbv8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one carl you are the man bowdown alan i did receive an email but sent you another since, what an irritating sh*t i am eh Embarassed
copey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem sorted yet mate ?,will have to try and meet up sometime,Tamworth aint a million miles away..

cbv8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Copey thumbs ,
Nah your joking i got it back from the garage all the bits sorted except the ariel not covered by warranty Rolling Eyes It's still in the garage having the lpg fitted should be ready tomorrow then iv'e got to sort the v/c but that's another story crybaby I have sent you yet another p/m on this forum i think you may find it of interest Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: